NICE DYNO RUN

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea I don't get it either Adam. It kinda sounds like you both are saying the same thing in a different way. Well either way, I agree that Chris has a GREAT running truck. :thumbup:

Snake

Reaction score
Seems this type of stuff comes up in almost every thread involving a MTW turbo. I don't have a dog in the fight, and this is my perception: the turbo size, supporting mods, and subsequent dyno numbers seem to make sense on paper. Right? It's not as though MTW is claiming 600 rwhp on stock injectors, or 500 rwhp on a truck that's 100% stock other than a SCT tune, or that they picked up 75 hp by putting on a cold air intake. And when dyno results are provided, they're asked about track times within few posts. In the other thread, the discussion became pretty heated as many questioned the validity of the dyno numbers and wanted track times to back them up. Which was somewhat understandable at that point in time since that was the first anyone was hearing about how these turbos might perform. I say somewhat because of PHP's involvement during those runs. PHP is well known, respected, and most importantly -- trusted. As time has passed, these turbos are being dyno'd on different trucks and different dyno's, but the numbers are all very close to each other. IMO, these more recent dyno numbers pretty much validate the numbers from the initial testing. From my perspective, and this is just my opinion, verifying what a MTW Stage 1 / Hybrid / Stage 2 can do as of today using a track time (and horsepower calculator) is more of a "nice to have" rather than a "must have."

I can understand the subject's sensitivity from MTW's perspective based on the previous thread.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
This stuff comes up in a lot of turbo threads. That's why my truck was run at the track right after it dynoed 621rwhp.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Also, why wouldn't we want track times to back something up? Who cares if it makes 500 on the dyno on stock sticks if it only runs a 14.0?

Reminds me of back when I first got my SCT for my 04 6.0. It dynoed 403 and I remember racing a 7.3 at the track that had "547rwhp" and a torque number plastered on his tailgate and yet my truck was almost a full second quicker in the 1/4.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Also, why wouldn't we want track times to back something up? Who cares if it makes 500 on the dyno on stock sticks if it only runs a 14.0?

Reminds me of back when I first got my SCT for my 04 6.0. It dynoed 403 and I remember racing a 7.3 at the track that had "547rwhp" and a torque number plastered on his tailgate and yet my truck was almost a full second quicker in the 1/4.

This confuses me and (in my opinion only) really is an apples to oranges comparison. You say who cares if a truck makes 500hp on a dyno but only runs a 14.0 1/4 mile time and I would agree with you (as I would want more from my truck than that) but this isn't about 1/4 mile times as there is WAY more that goes into that than just HP as you have already mentioned. When everyone here mentions backing up a dyno run with a track run, they should (again in my opinion only) ONLY be concerned with what speed at which the vehicle traps at as that is all that can accurately be used for determining whether the dyno number is accurate.

Furthermore, again this is not what the purpose of this thread is about. No one from MTW has even said that Chris's truck is a 500hp truck (he might and if I were him I probably would too but to each their own), all that was posted was what a dyno said his truck put down. If wants to back it up with a trip down the track fine but otherwise it is a moot point.

Snake

Reaction score
Only other thing I can say is CONGRATS! That's a damn nice number and I can't wait to see where MTW goes in the future.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Only other thing I can say is CONGRATS! That's a damn nice number and I can't wait to see where MTW goes in the future.

Thank you, As far as track times I have stated that I do understand for a back up on the dyno. A dyno is a tuning devise and nothing more, some put bigger and some smaller numbers. I'm a new kid on the block so I also know why I should have to prove the numbers and I'm ok with that. I also agree that dyno numbers should be backed with track times, well not times but track trap speed and truck weighted on the track scale, not weight on side of truck door. Et's mean nothing to me for calulations since if truck doesn't hook up et's will be down, I beleive in trap speed.

I have talked to Chris and he is going to dyno truck again on Bill's dyno at PHP and then plans on a track run. So untill all of that comes back to confrim on not will be here in time. I'm not getting mad about anything and do I beleive the numbers yes I do, I did them on paper and they are what I got. I can go on about more things to come, by what I know can be done according to the numbers.

Stage 3 with 175/75 will hit 580-590rwhp fuel only, stage 3 with 190/100 will hit 650-670 rwhp fuel only, stage 3 with 200/150 will hit 680-700rwhp, stage 4 with 225 hybrids will hit 750rwhp. On paper the numbers say it will happen, and now all I have to do is prove it all. My truck with stage 3 200/150 will hit the numbers I just stated and will prove it before I move on to the stage 4 and same injectors. My plan is to take my truck into the 720-740rwhp with stage 4 200/150 cc injectors head work exhaust and intake manifold.

I will get the dyno numbers and track numbers to prove the whole thing, I have no problem doing it and since it is my truck I will beat the crap out of it to make sure it would last in anyone elses truck. I have more plans and mods to the stage 1,2 and hybrid turbo yet to make them even nastier than they are now, I have some tests going on right now and they are coming back with really good results.

I'm just a guy that had some ideas and did alot of research. So far the turbos are working out and I'm happy they are, but the thing I like the best is not that the turbos are doing well, or that my ideas are working. It's that the 6.0 powerstrokes are starting to get new respect in the diesel world for being a great engine. All I really wanted was to change the way people looked at the 6.0's and with just a few of the things I have already done I think I am. I also know that one person cannot do it it takes support from others. Thanks to all

Last edited:

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Here's the video of the dyno run. Thought members would enjoy it, corrected was 503rwhp, so is that it for stock injectors no, I plan on one more mod on the turbo a tweek if you want to call it that. I beleive by the numbers that I can make this truck hit 510rwhp everything else untouched except for the tweeks on the turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wuXP2G-V40M

g2shuck

Reaction score
now that you mentioned it and i rewatch it it does shift that would explain alot after seeing the dyno graph... it put out awesome numbers but i wonder how much gigher it might of made if the dyno operator new how to properly dyno a truck without it shifting

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
is the graph posted here somewhere?

The graph is after the video. Yes Chris told me that the truck actually was in overdrive and then down shifted to 5th and the operator stepped on it. Chris will be doing some more dyno and hopefully a track run to see what number he can, I will post whatever he get good or bad.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
The graph is after the video. Yes Chris told me that the truck actually was in overdrive and then down shifted to 5th and the operator stepped on it. Chris will be doing some more dyno and hopefully a track run to see what number he can, I will post whatever he get good or bad.

the vid is just the #'s and CF. do you have the actual graph of the run by chance?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
the vid is just the #'s and CF. do you have the actual graph of the run by chance?

I'm gonna derail for just a second here. Lance, why the hell did you change your screen name or what the hell did you do to get one of the bosses to do it for you? LOL

Latest posts