NICE DYNO RUN

windrunner408

Reaction score
No I get it. I knew it would come. I just chose to spread a little hate and discontent of my own. I'm done.

g2shuck

Reaction score
I don't understand people's skepticism some trucks just plain run strong and some don't that's all there is too it

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Well, I'm not mad at all, well then again I'm the madman. But serious I knew guys would want track number and if Chris wants to run his truck at track thats fine. I don't want to force anyone to run their truck not my call. The stage 2 in fact same one in Matt's truck put down 485rwhp and weather was much hotter so to see 499rwhp to me is about right on a cool day. The same truck did put down 473 with stage 1 and batmowheel. I'm not claiming anything about records, because as far as I'm concerned until a track number could back it up then it's just a number. I on other hand have my truck ready not to just hit dyno numbers but to hit track to back them up. I'm just glad that the event that I was suppose to go to wasn't a total waste. I really don't want this to be a debate just info of what happened, I have not twisted any numbers and some of the things that I have done and guys have proven with some of the other turbo I think that I may have a little credibility.If I haven't proven anything or don't have any credibility yet then I can wait not a issue with me.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Well, I'm not mad at all, well then again I'm the madman. But serious I knew guys would want track number and if Chris wants to run his truck at track thats fine. I don't want to force anyone to run their truck not my call. The stage 2 in fact same one in Matt's truck put down 485rwhp and weather was much hotter so to see 499rwhp to me is about right on a cool day. The same truck did put down 473 with stage 1 and batmowheel. I'm not claiming anything about records, because as far as I'm concerned until a track number could back it up then it's just a number. I on other hand have my truck ready not to just hit dyno numbers but to hit track to back them up. I'm just glad that the event that I was suppose to go to wasn't a total waste. I really don't want this to be a debate just info of what happened, I have not twisted any numbers and some of the things that I have done and guys have proven with some of the other turbo I think that I may have a little credibility.If I haven't proven anything or don't have any credibility yet then I can wait not a issue with me.

Nicely said Adrian. The truck ran great and thats all that really matters.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
and I was just screwing with you but these responses prove my point perfectly. I thought I discussed this with you already.

It's all good Lance. We completely understand the need for track times. Hopefully we'll have some soon on several trucks. It's all good man.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why errbody mad....

Nobodies mad. Just a simple misunderstanding. Lance brings good info to these threads and some humor to boot. I can also understand Morgan asking for track times. It's all good. We just wanted to put out the numbers we got, because to be honest, they were even better than I had hoped for. I wanted to see 480-490, but I'll take the 499.:D

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I still gotta confirm the exact setup but his truck put down 473hp with a Stage 1 turbo with billet wheel back in the spring on Bill's dyno and that was with 35in Toyo OC MTs. It was hotter than today as well then. I am pretty sure he ran his truck on stock sized tires today.

Well, we had stock size tires with us, but we got lazy and said, "F*ck it, run the 35's." We did however have Mason's (my 2.5yr old son) froggy chair in the back of the truck peeking over the rail on the dyno. I think that was good for at least 10HP.LOLLOLLOL The photographer from Diesel World was laughing at it as they were strapping the truck down and got several good pictures. Hopefully it'll make it into the article.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
NICE DYNO RUN

I think that title is perfect, Nate. That was a nice run, and the hp numbers are impressive. IMO, one dyno run does not prove that trhe truck is in fact 500rwhp. Another day on another dyno may yield some different results, and that is the trouble with dyno numbers, hence why everyone asks for track times lol. What we can all agree on is that Chris's truck does run great and puts down a lot of power, more than most trucks with stock sticks. nicely done.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
NICE DYNO RUN

I think that title is perfect, Nate. That was a nice run, and the hp numbers are impressive. IMO, one dyno run does not prove that trhe truck is in fact 500rwhp. Another day on another dyno may yield some different results, and that is the trouble with dyno numbers, hence why everyone asks for track times lol. What we can all agree on is that Chris's truck does run great and puts down a lot of power, more than most trucks with stock sticks. nicely done.

Adam, I agree that one dyno run doesn't prove a number. Here's where I disagree, you say that Chris's truck puts down more power than most when in fact my truck put down 485rwhp with the same setup and same turbo on PHP's dyno with a tune designed for the stock turbo on a much hotter and more humid day. The status quo has always been that stock injectors were maxed out at around 450rwhp. I think with advances in tuning, FICM tuning and more turbo options that really work, bigger numbers are possible for a lot of guys. There really isn't anything special about Chris's truck, my truck or any of the other trucks that have made bigger than "normal" RWHP numbers. They have just been well taken care of.

I'm by no means trying to start an arguement, just voicing my opinion. I think we're gonna start seeing more trucks close to 500 on stock injectors with and without MTW turbo's. I believe you need a healthy fuel system, as much air as possible, healthy HPOP and some good custom tuning (SCT and FICM) to get to where we are. These trucks are consistantly making more power and now we did it on a different dyno as well as planning to back it up at the track whenever we can.

I will say that IMHO opinion, 500 or very close is probably gonna be the most we can get out of stock injectors. This is all my opinion, so please take it for what it's worth.

BTW, just to clarify, when I say, "you need as much air as possible" I mean that within reason. You can't throw a 78mm on an otherwise stock truck and expect 600+. You need to be big enough to move the volume of air required to max out stock injectors and still be small enough to spool and be be drivable.

Last edited:

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Well apparently the MAD Turbo Werks truck couldn't get its transmission rebuilt in time to make it to Thoroughbred Diesel's Judgement Dyno Day event. Adrian had pre-paid for a run on the dyno but obviously wasn't able to run his truck on it. So Chris @ GPDA (Super Diesel) ran his truck in Adrian's sted and put down 503hp (499hp uncorrected) with a MTW Stage 2 turbo (cast wheel), stock injectors, stock fuel system, and on fuel only. His tuning was from Matt @ Gearhead and Bill's FICM tune. There was a guy there with a 6.0 that had a powermax, 155s, and fuel system and was only able to put down 426hp. So even though the MTW truck wasn't able to make its debut, all was not lost.

Congrats Chris.

What version of the FICM tune??

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Adam, I agree that one dyno run doesn't prove a number. Here's where I disagree, you say that Chris's truck puts down more power than most when in fact my truck put down 485rwhp with the same setup and same turbo on PHP's dyno with a tune designed for the stock turbo on a much hotter and more humid day. The status quo has always been that stock injectors were maxed out at around 450rwhp. I think with advances in tuning, FICM tuning and more turbo options that really work, bigger numbers are possible for a lot of guys. There really isn't anything special about Chris's truck, my truck or any of the other trucks that have made bigger than "normal" RWHP numbers. They have just been well taken care of.

I'm by no means trying to start an arguement, just voicing my opinion. I think we're gonna start seeing more trucks close to 500 on stock injectors with and without MTW turbo's. I believe you need a healthy fuel system, as much air as possible, healthy HPOP and some good custom tuning (SCT and FICM) to get to where we are. These trucks are consistantly making more power and now we did it on a different dyno as well as planning to back it up at the track whenever we can.

I will say that IMHO opinion, 500 or very close is probably gonna be the most we can get out of stock injectors. This is all my opinion, so please take it for what it's worth.

BTW, just to clarify, when I say, "you need as much air as possible" I mean that within reason. You can't throw a 78mm on an otherwise stock truck and expect 600+. You need to be big enough to move the volume of air required to max out stock injectors and still be small enough to spool and be be drivable.

Honestly, this response puzzles me. I am not sure if you are disagreeing with me, or just agreeing in a totally weird way. The norm has been that most trucks with stock injectors only get to 450 rwhp and that is true. Most truck with stock injectors and turbo are close to 450 hp or even less. Obviously, turbo and/or injector upgrades are needed to surpass 450. Most trucks with stock sticks still use the stock turbo, so my statement that Chris's truck makes more power than most with stock sticks is 100% true, note I said most not all. I never said or implied that it is special or a freak so there is really nothing to disagree with. Both you and Chris have trucks that run great, probably because you take good care of them, and I commend you for that.

Latest posts

Members online