overheating

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes because everything is the exact same as the duramax.

You did it so everything else 'should' be fine right... Come on bro

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yes because everything is the exact same as the duramax.

You did it so everything else 'should' be fine right... Come on bro
Its a cooling system and its on a diesel, fairly close.... I gaurentee you could take the fan off your truck and drive it around for a week with no issues unless you are sitting in traffic a bunch or towing heavy. I did just street drive mine while it was fanless so it isnt isn't a true fair comparison with a truck that is being worked.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its a cooling system and its on a diesel, fairly close.... I gaurentee you could take the fan off your truck and drive it around for a week with no issues unless you are sitting in traffic a bunch or towing heavy. I did just street drive mine while it was fanless so it isnt isn't a true fair comparison with a truck that is being worked.

Yea. He could. The 7.3 cooling sytem is large in comparison.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
No fan on a 6.0 is a no no.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Whaaat? You mean because it's a coal burner, has a turbo, disc brakes, and washer tank it won't be fine just like a duramax???

*** outta here....

swinky

Reaction score
Whaaat? You mean because it's a coal burner, has a turbo, disc brakes, and washer tank it won't be fine just like a duramax???

*** outta here....
Lol I'm just saying a good friend of mine ran without a fan at rudys. Maybe 5 min of idle time and that thing was puking it's brains out as soon as he passed the 60ft mark.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

*** outta here....
Someone here with a 6.0 want to settle this argument for us? Unplug your fan and drive it a couple days normally and see if it starts to overheat? I just replaced a fan clutch on a 6.0 last week, the AC didn't work at idle because the high side pressure went way high and shut it off as a result of the fan not working. It didn't over heat at all....

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
There's no argument to settle. You give horse**** stab in the dark Advice on here. Your terrible

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
There's no argument to settle. You give horse**** stab in the dark Advice on here. Your terrible
Yes there is. I'm a ase certified master tech with diesel certification and over 7 years of experience, now obviously there are guys on here with way way more experience than me but my advice is not stab in the dark wild guesses by any stretch of the imagination.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I wipe my ass with the papers people show up to interviews here with...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Your 'ASE' certs don't mean squat to me. It's sad your unaware fans run on the highway.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Your 'ASE' certs don't mean squat to me. It's sad your unaware fans run on the highway.
That's fine, they got me a nice raise or they wouldn't mean much to me either. LOL. I still stand by the claim that my advice on here is far from wild guesses, just read my participated threads... Why are you ignoring the FACT that just last week i drove a 6.0 around with a non working fan and it didn't overheat?

pdumont01

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to run a 6.0 without a fan if I didnt have to. Many of the warranty headgaskets I've done were from the fan wires being chopped or fan clutch problems. Definitely would advise AGAINST running with NO FAN.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Well i just realized he said it only overheats when towing or parked with the AC on, a fan clutch issue would make sense....

TyCorr

Reaction score

Its kinda sad that you think your stock fueled 7.3 is getting 3rd gear scratches and its really the trans slipping. Or with all the technology at your disposal you couldn't figure out why you are having hpo issues with barely sub 5ms inj pw values.

How much work do you "know" a fan does on a 7.3? How often do they run? Yes, we're talking 6l but if swapping a 7.3 fan clutch onto a 6l works then it's proving what bustedknuckles is saying.

Im slightly alarmed that you are a mechanic. Before you get all ***kin tard pissed and challenge me to a forum fight, think about what you are saying.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Lol also found a bunch of bugs and grass seed stuck in the front of the 8000 mile old radiator. Cant believe how much crap was already jammed in there. Im going to say that there was 20-25% of the fan area plugged up pretty good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Lol also found a bunch of bugs and grass seed stuck in the front of the 8000 mile old radiator. Cant believe how much crap was already jammed in there. Im going to say that there was 20-25% of the fan area plugged up pretty good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That'll do it! You do custom crop harvesting right?
We only do corn and soybeans 'round here but when doing corn ive had my radiator on my 00 plug up and it got warm in 50deg weather. Blew it out with air on one of the kenworths and it was fine and dropped to 200 after 2 miles of driving...was up to 235..only time mine has gotten hot.

Latest posts

Members online