Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score

Honestly I had never heard of them til you just put this up, it looks like it could help and Ive been researching it the past day now, it looks like the actuator doesnt like over 40-50psi or else it leaks, Im considering it but I dont know if I want to take a 500 dollar risk on that plus it doesnt look like they make a t3 version very often. Ill have to consider if that would be more beneficial to try over twins, but I appreciate the suggestion

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Eh, buddy of mine has a 24V with twins, and it doesn't have reliability issues due to the turbo's.

Just messin with him Tom.....because you know as well I do, that's how it all starts, "Well maybe if I just do (insert mod here) it will help....." LOL

ehhh I guess Ill find out if it messes with reliability, luckily I dont have to pull the cab if I gotta fix something now at least LOL

Valid point.....

Matt_P

Reaction score
Just messin with him Tom.....because you know as well I do, that's how it all starts, "Well maybe if I just do (insert mod here) it will help....." LOL

Valid point.....

haha yeah I knew you were just kidding, and your right I like to start off with keeping things simple and reliable then I just end up going too far and messing the reliabilty upLOL

The truck did just roll 200k this weekend though

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
You run a regulator to the actuator that way it gets enough boost to open it fully but not full boost that could damage it.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Matt_P

Reaction score
You run a regulator to the actuator that way it gets enough boost to open it fully but not full boost that could damage it.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

oh ok that makes sense, I actually talked to the guy that is making them over on compd and unfortunately he said they are not making T3 ones right now, so unless I adapt to a T4 that kinda messes with that plan.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score

Lol, yeah that was the beginning of the end for the reliability part of my buddy's truck.

Bosshawg600

Reaction score
Twins would really wake this truck up!!!!!

and the way you have built the rest of the truck, I dont see how a set of twins would affect reliability!

Matt_P

Reaction score
So now that you have been driving it a while. how is it treating you?

Its been treating me great! Truck has been very reliable minus cracking 2 injection lines. I need to bump my timing up to about 24* still but other than that its running great. I have a little over 18,000 miles on the swap now. Im still planning to do twins though, Im thinking about a 63/88 now and 75/96/1.32

sniperfolf

Reaction score
Its been treating me great! Truck has been very reliable minus cracking 2 injection lines. I need to bump my timing up to about 24* still but other than that its running great. I have a little over 18,000 miles on the swap now. Im still planning to do twins though, Im thinking about a 63/88 now and 75/96/1.32

Awesome man. I am looking at the swap now. I still need to look for an engine and quit being lazy hahha.. I finally owe it now too.. also with the twins are they mainly for DD or towing at that size? Also why twins as apposed to a large sing;e?

Matt_P

Reaction score
Awesome man. I am looking at the swap now. I still need to look for an engine and quit being lazy hahha.. I finally owe it now too.. also with the twins are they mainly for DD or towing at that size? Also why twins as apposed to a large sing;e?

yeah you will enjoy the swap, I definitely have. The twins at that size should work well for a DD as well as towing with the wheel sizes and housings I will go with. I just want a quicker spool and to be able to stay on top of the charger easier when Im towing. My 66 is nice once its over about 10psi and on the highway but other than that its a little laggy. Once I bump the timing up it will probably help but with all the fuel I have, twins would be nice.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Yeah i found an engine from an 06 for around 4k... and I've been throwing this idea around for years.. so what hp range do you think your at right now?

Thats not a bad deal, with a commonrail you will be able to spool a single the size of mine very easily with some tuning. I dynoed 435hp 985 torque in november with only 18* of timing and not cleaning any fuel up

dealwithit

Reaction score
So hows the milage for this big truck? Still going strong? Any new mods? Nice build by the way!

Matt_P

Reaction score
So hows the milage for this big truck? Still going strong? Any new mods? Nice build by the way!

Mileage isnt the best. About 13 around town and 17 on the highway, it still has too much fuel. But its still going very strong! I have 26k miles on the swap now. It hasnt had any new mods though besides a new airdog motor and the timing bumped up. I was thinking about twins but since its my DD Im considering swapping on stock size injection lines, a set of 7x.010 injectors, 63/68 T4 turbo and the 160 injection pump I just bought with the 4k springs and stock 131 dvs in it with afc mods and making it a quicker spooling DD and a little better tow rig. Then swap the 190 pump off this truck, 5k springs and full cut dvs that came in the 160 pump into the 190 and build my twins and everything to put on my 86 for more of the fun truck. and thanks!

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Mileage isnt the best. About 13 around town and 17 on the highway, it still has too much fuel. But its still going very strong! I have 26k miles on the swap now. It hasnt had any new mods though besides a new airdog motor and the timing bumped up. I was thinking about twins but since its my DD Im considering swapping on stock size injection lines, a set of 7x.010 injectors, 63/68 T4 turbo and the 160 injection pump I just bought with the 4k springs and stock 131 dvs in it with afc mods and making it a quicker spooling DD and a little better tow rig. Then swap the 190 pump off this truck, 5k springs and full cut dvs that came in the 160 pump into the 190 and build my twins and everything to put on my 86 for more of the fun truck. and thanks!

You have to many options LOL LOL LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Members online