Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Smoothcriminal

Reaction score
Any updates Matt? Good job on the build! I love a nice crew cab! Cant wait to get started on my swap to! I bought your old ts chip off your 95, now you might recogize me. Funny part is I never put that chip on my truck, its sittin in a drawer in my tool box, plans have changed a little lol. Anyways nice rig man!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Any updates Matt? Good job on the build! I love a nice crew cab! Cant wait to get started on my swap to! I bought your old ts chip off your 95, now you might recogize me. Funny part is I never put that chip on my truck, its sittin in a drawer in my tool box, plans have changed a little lol. Anyways nice rig man!

Yeah I do have a couple updates I could post up. And yep I recognize you now, hows it goin? Plans always change with these trucks lol and thanks!

I havent done too many changes, Ive just been enjoying driving it and working on my 86.

I did pull the 66mm turbo off and I am running a BW 63/68/.84 T4 divided housing. I love this turbo, spools quicker, pulls harder on the top end and towing is 100 times better now. Im still running 25* timing, hope to dyno it again soon just to see.

I also added 2" more lift and 20x12 chrome fuel throttles, currently Im just running 16x8s and 35s for the winter.

Also put a new front end on, paint matched bumper and harley grille and will be building a new rear bumper soon.

The truck has been reliable, only had an issue cracking a couple injection lines and burned up one airdog motor. Other than that just regular maintenence on a 230k mile truck, ball joints, wheel bearing, drag link, carrier bearing, u joints.

But I have 38k miles on the swap now and still loving it, cant wait to get the 86 done as well. Oh I also got billet badges for both trucks for christmas from the girlfriend
11593532423_10307a823c_c.jpg

11280664254_de6d479a94_c.jpg

10843817183_ca736ebd4f_c.jpg

Smoothcriminal

Reaction score
Nice!! Cant wait to see the progress start on the 86. Hopefully youll have better luck on this build lol.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Nice!! Cant wait to see the progress start on the 86. Hopefully youll have better luck on this build lol.

Thanks! Ive been making some decent progress so far, there is a build thread for that one on here too, so far its had some better luck

TRUBBS

Reaction score

ugh, I wish someone would hurry up an buy the LLY already.
everytime i see this truck it makes me miss my fords more and more
plan is to get a 6.4 that i can afford then when its paid for i want to make a Crew Cab SD with a DT360 swap

Lysons

Reaction score
plan is to get a 6.4 that i can afford then when its paid for i want to make a Crew Cab SD with a DT360 swap

Sorry for the derail OP, but this post made me remember a video I saw!
DT466 in an OBS F150.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0NIi4DwQwA

Matt_P

Reaction score

that would be awesome!

And Matt just made my decision. Harley grill it is

Im really happy I went with the harley grille, you'll definitely like it

Matt_P

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated this. Ive made a few more changes so I figured Id share. I have a little over 53k miles on the build now. I just moved and started my new job so the 86 is on hold at the moment while my buddy is finishing up painting it back in ohio so Ill spend a little time on this truck. First off my airdog motor kept crapping out, 4 times acutally. So I got fed up with replacing motors and decided to build myself a nicer quality fuel system. I went with fuelab on this truck to give it a try since I did aeromotive components on the 86. So I bought a fuel lab 51505 pump and regulator and baldwin filter bases. Ordered up my fittings and line from jegs and after making some mounts this is what I came up with.
14753500795_c0e29a494b_c.jpg
image by mattpopiel, on Flickr
14750338651_f5478dcbbe_c.jpg

Ive been very happy with it, holds 48psi no problem and stays reliable.

Next set of improvements is in the works and will be finished in the next couple weeks. Ive been needing some more air and wanting compounds for a little quicker spool and better towing so I bought a S480/96/1.32 with a T6 divided housing. I also got an ats 3 piece T4 24v exhaust manifold. All my flanges and piping I need, fleece performance oil drain fittings for -10 line and all thats left is to order up the rest of my fittings and lines from jegs and spend a weekend fabricating. Ill be utlizing my current S363/68/.84 divided T4 housing currently on the truck
14750336511_8aa98769e2_c.jpg
14566657958_332680179f_c.jpg

Im looking forward to building that and then the only other plan is to buy a nice benched P pump set to flow around 450-500cc

Txpsd

Reaction score
It's nice knowing that I am not the only one with terrible Airdog luck. Those motors blow. I am on #4 on my truck and this one has dropped from holding 16psi to about 11psi wile wining like a biatch in heat.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I love that truck

Thanks Jaret!

It's nice knowing that I am not the only one with terrible Airdog luck. Those motors blow. I am on #4 on my truck and this one has dropped from holding 16psi to about 11psi wile wining like a biatch in heat.

Yeah mine wouldnt hold correct fuel pressure for anything, Ive had zero problems with the fuelab now

Latest posts

Members online