Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score
X2 on ED. thats what is on mine 60/68 over a billet 475, they start to spool at 1600. They will make 65 psi and egt is only at 1200. Call Chris, he will hook you up

That is exactly what I want! only 1200 degrees and 65psi would be awesome. Looks like between a 60-63 and a 475 is what I need and E.D. will be the way to go. Thanks again guys. Time to price those out and start saving:D

Today Ive just been working on a nice crankcase breather setup with a catch can because after having the breathers off my tappet cover venting to the frame rail open and throwing oil everywhere I couldnt take it any more, Ill throw a picture up when I finish it up

Matt_P

Reaction score
Crankcase breather setup
DSC01252.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
The truck looks great buddy!! Did you make that phone call we were talking about?

sent from somewhere in the country

Thanks Scotty! Unfortunately I didnt have time to get a chance to call them today, but Im planning to give them and E.D. a call tomorrow after class!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Thanks Scotty! Unfortunately I didnt have time to get a chance to call them today, but Im planning to give them and E.D. a call tomorrow after class!

Good deal. I hope you don't mind, but I gave him a little heads up and put in a word or two for you :)

Matt_P

Reaction score
Guess I could do a little update on this.

I drove it down to beans for the event last weekend and threw it on the dyno. I wasnt the happiest with the numbers, it only made 435/930 and couldnt clean the fuel up at all. I think it has more becuase for an 8500 pound truck on my SOP dyno on the road I think it runs much stronger but oh well

My plan is twins here soon, Im thinking an HE351 and S475/88 and make the piping and everything myself and put the 66 on the 12v for my 86. I just want something that spools quicker for daily driving as well and doesnt suck so much for towing.

The only issue Ive been having with the truck is the billet tappet cover wont stop leaking oil out the bolt holes and the o ring seal so I have to pull the pump and everything back off to reseal that. Other than that its doing good with 6300 miles on it now.

Video of the dyno run
th_M4H01305.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That's going to be a fun compound set up.

The number probably isn't that far off on the dyno.

Twinjracing

Reaction score
Guess I could do a little update on this.

I drove it down to beans for the event last weekend and threw it on the dyno. I wasnt the happiest with the numbers, it only made 435/930 and couldnt clean the fuel up at all. I think it has more becuase for an 8500 pound truck on my SOP dyno on the road I think it runs much stronger but oh well

My plan is twins here soon, Im thinking an HE351 and S475/88 and make the piping and everything myself and put the 66 on the 12v for my 86. I just want something that spools quicker for daily driving as well and doesnt suck so much for towing.

The only issue Ive been having with the truck is the billet tappet cover wont stop leaking oil out the bolt holes and the o ring seal so I have to pull the pump and everything back off to reseal that. Other than that its doing good with 6300 miles on it now.

Video of the dyno run
th_M4H01305.jpg

Cool glad to hear it's working out

Matt_P

Reaction score
That's going to be a fun compound set up.

The number probably isn't that far off on the dyno.

Im hoping it will be. I just want to get a little less lag and some more airflow. I do love the 66 after about 10psi but driving around town everyday doesnt help much with that LOL

Yeah I figure the numbers are accurate, I guess I was just hoping to see 500 but oh well just means there is room for improvement!

Cool glad to hear it's working out

Thanks JJ

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Eh, buddy of mine has a 24V with twins, and it doesn't have reliability issues due to the turbo's.

Matt_P

Reaction score
ehhh I guess Ill find out if it messes with reliability, luckily I dont have to pull the cab if I gotta fix something now at least LOL

Latest posts

Members online