SuperArmor for the Superduty

Dantron

Reaction score
I like the 40002B with 16.5 winch and lights (HID) too. I'm going to be saving up to make a purchase. Do you have any recommendations on how we should paint them?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I took the 2nd proto to a really good body shop ive used before. They do really good work (porsche and other high end cars.)
They raped me.
Going to maaco with the next one.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this on a few trucks in the different versions. Should be Hands down the best looking aftermarket bumper out there

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I did the stupidest thing ever a few years ago...decided this giant oak tree was casting a shadow on the pool, so why not hire a tree guy to 'prune' it.
Well, butcher was close to the truth, then after another haircut to trim it up it...died. So sad, so sorry.

Anyway, what to do with said giant dead oak tree? Chainsaw time. :cheers:
Here's the youtube of it coming down. http://youtu.be/0zcSRRqNRDE

Then we chopped it up but saved some of the bigger pieces to carve benches and chairs (again with the chainsaw.) The biggest of which I figured I'd drag over to a nice flat concrete pad I had to work on it. We latched onto it with the truck and it was a no-go. Wouldn't budge. Snapped a few chains before we came to the conclusion it was still too big. So we worked those little chainsaws and made even smaller chunks of giant tree.

Now it is time for the Superduty and the winch to get a workout.
090614_SuperArmor_020_BackYard.jpg

Hauling cable. I have a synthetic upgrade in the shop :)
090614_SuperArmor_022_BackYard.jpg

Hooked up and ready to pull
090614_SuperArmor_024_BackYard.jpg

I definitely underestimated even the size of what was left of this log. Dang thing is HEAVY. Truck can't pull it, but if I dig in, set the brakes and winch it'll drag the log. I will note that sustained hard pulls like this will require a high idle, I dragged it a good 60' with the winch.
Some video http://youtu.be/R5-AsI0YYVQ
090614_SuperArmor_033_BackYard.jpg

Once I got it up out of the main yard I hooked up my trusty 3"x30 strap and launched the truck into the traces again, with a good launch I was able to get the log moving and managed to drag it over near the concrete pad. I had a little trouble getting it maneuvered in between the trees and ended up having to re-position a couple times and winch it back into a path it could take.
http://youtu.be/yUER1LJXHEI
The sound you hear at the end of this video is the strap snapping when I gave it a 10' run. And that was the end of that fun.
Turned around, hooked up the winch and proceeded to drag the truck. OK, then, not going that way.

Back with the winch to maneuver the log off the chain and position it so I can cut it's base. Once I do that I'll roll it again with the winch up on the pad.
090614_SuperArmor_056_BackYard_285353.jpg

The Superduty did it's job today and worked hard. I really like this wireless controller too.
090614_SuperArmor_051_BackYard.jpg

Then we went downtown Greenville for dinner.
090614_SuperArmor_090_LibertyBridge.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
Goddam that bumper is sexy. My buddy is patiently, or maybe impatiently, waiting to see what you come up with for the 2013 150s. The billet grill looks awesome with the bumper also.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I did the stupidest thing ever a few years ago...decided this giant oak tree was casting a shadow on the pool, so why not hire a tree guy to 'prune' it.
Well, butcher was close to the truth, then after another haircut to trim it up it...died. So sad, so sorry.

Anyway, what to do with said giant dead oak tree? Chainsaw time. :cheers:
Here's the youtube of it coming down. http://youtu.be/0zcSRRqNRDE

Then we chopped it up but saved some of the bigger pieces to carve benches and chairs (again with the chainsaw.) The biggest of which I figured I'd drag over to a nice flat concrete pad I had to work on it. We latched onto it with the truck and it was a no-go. Wouldn't budge. Snapped a few chains before we came to the conclusion it was still too big. So we worked those little chainsaws and made even smaller chunks of giant tree.

Now it is time for the Superduty and the winch to get a workout.
090614_SuperArmor_020_BackYard.jpg

Hauling cable. I have a synthetic upgrade in the shop :)
090614_SuperArmor_022_BackYard.jpg

Hooked up and ready to pull
090614_SuperArmor_024_BackYard.jpg

I definitely underestimated even the size of what was left of this log. Dang thing is HEAVY. Truck can't pull it, but if I dig in, set the brakes and winch it'll drag the log. I will note that sustained hard pulls like this will require a high idle, I dragged it a good 60' with the winch.
Some video http://youtu.be/R5-AsI0YYVQ
090614_SuperArmor_033_BackYard.jpg

Once I got it up out of the main yard I hooked up my trusty 3"x30 strap and launched the truck into the traces again, with a good launch I was able to get the log moving and managed to drag it over near the concrete pad. I had a little trouble getting it maneuvered in between the trees and ended up having to re-position a couple times and winch it back into a path it could take.
http://youtu.be/yUER1LJXHEI
The sound you hear at the end of this video is the strap snapping when I gave it a 10' run. And that was the end of that fun.
Turned around, hooked up the winch and proceeded to drag the truck. OK, then, not going that way.

Back with the winch to maneuver the log off the chain and position it so I can cut it's base. Once I do that I'll roll it again with the winch up on the pad.
090614_SuperArmor_056_BackYard_285353.jpg

The Superduty did it's job today and worked hard. I really like this wireless controller too.
090614_SuperArmor_051_BackYard.jpg

Then we went downtown Greenville for dinner.
090614_SuperArmor_090_LibertyBridge.jpg

Clean clean clean. Well done.

smcox1

Reaction score
I've said it before but it really is the best looking bumper for a 6.7.