What is your next planned modification

Racer X

Reaction score
Still have the charger and everything sitting in the garage waiting to go on, and my axle seals need replaced, but they stopped leaking and fluid level is still good. Just tired of fixing mechanical **** and not adding any sort of creature comforts to a truck i drive a lot.

So with the help of JML93(i think he's on here), we're gonna add a keypad to my door.

What kind of key pad? Push button system with number keypad in the door with alarm and no start or something else like the optional factory key less entry with remote?

JD3020

Reaction score
What kind of key pad? Push button system with number keypad in the door with alarm and no start or something else like the optional factory key less entry with remote?

Just the number keypad on the door tied into my factory remote keyless entry, like on the SD's and what-not. No alarm or any of that stuff though, just the locks.

Racer X

Reaction score
Just the number keypad on the door tied into my factory remote keyless entry, like on the SD's and what-not. No alarm or any of that stuff though, just the locks.

Sounds interesting. :thumbup:

Racer X

Reaction score
Replace my ignition switch. That write up that just got posted put me on the ball.

The ign switch itself is easy. The lock cylinder isn't hard unless the key breaks off in it. It must be a match to work for your door locks or you'll need 2 keys. 1 for doors and 1 for ignition. There are 3 different ign lock cylinder replacements. The new key will fit the Ign cylinder only. If you want one key to open your door locks and fit the ign, you need the correct replacement lock cylinder and someone who can make the key fit both. Ford dealers I've checked with no longer can make the keys fit both.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
The ign switch itself is easy. The lock cylinder isn't hard unless the key breaks off in it. It must be a match to work for your door locks or you'll need 2 keys. 1 for doors and 1 for ignition. There are 3 different ign lock cylinder replacements. The new key will fit the Ign cylinder only. If you want one key to open your door locks and fit the ign, you need the correct replacement lock cylinder and someone who can make the key fit both. Ford dealers I've checked with no longer can make the keys fit both.

Hmmmm. Definitely good to know. Gonna have to think about it now. If I want to see how long it will last and pull the column apart to get to it or deal with two keys... Thanks!

Racer X

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Definitely good to know. Gonna have to think about it now. If I want to see how long it will last and pull the column apart to get to it or deal with two keys... Thanks!

If your current keys are in good shape, have a copy made of the least worn key before the key pattern wears. This will preserve the door lock pattern on the key to get the correct replacement ign lock cylinder for 1 key. If you have to rely on keys made by auto trace equipment which is the most popular type around, it can't copy a worn key accurately. Also, it's limited to copying an existing key only. Since it copys an existing key only, it can't make your new ignition key match your door locks. A locksmith with manually operated equipment can, if you find one.

JD3020

Reaction score
I don't remember it exactly, but when i bought the truck i had 2 keys, both were junk copies. 1 worked the drivers door, and the other worked the drivers door and the ignition. I had asked my Ford dealer about the issue when i had taken my truck in the week after i bought it to have some work done, and they said that they would have to buy new lock cylinders with new keys and have them matched to my ignition, which they only charge me like $300. :doh:

Stopped at our locksmith, talked to him a couple minutes and told him what was up. We went out to the truck, grabbed both lock cylinders and the ignition cylinder. IDK what he did but he went into the back-room, i heard some grinding noises as he worked his magic, and $50 later i had 3 brand new keys that matched all 3 cylinders perfectly. I think he said he had to tear down every cylinder as they were full of crud, and then manually created one key that fit and copied it.

redneckabbott

Reaction score
I have a valair stock replacement on its way and today or tomorrow I'll decide if I wanna spend the money on tunes/pod/egt gauge. Then at the end of the year/early next year, I'll start with a small boost in performance. Stage 2s, SRP1, intercooler, e-fuel, better clutch and eventually live tuned. As for apperance it's getting billet grill, custom Air Force emblems, lift, wheels, and tires.

b2™

Reaction score
EGR Delete and SCT. I'm just confused about the whole up pipe part. Diesel Site says you don't need it and the solid pipes put stress on other pipes but I've heard that it's better to put the up pipe in there.

Any Advise?

smokedout250

Reaction score
EGR Delete and SCT. I'm just confused about the whole up pipe part. Diesel Site says you don't need it and the solid pipes put stress on other pipes but I've heard that it's better to put the up pipe in there.

Any Advise?

.... Look at the section your in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online