6.7 fuel pump on 7.3.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well that's a far as I can get till the guy gets back from his honeymoon. Maybe give some valuable input or don't bother giving any at all.

Bluke

Reaction score
If your not comfortable building your own setup and piecing everything together. I would get ahold of Marty's diesel and get their full fuel kit minus the pump. Then just add in the 6.7 pump. I'm pretty sure you can't buy just the lower filter so you have to buy them as a pair. Which they are kinda spendy.

Bluke

Reaction score
Just looked at your sig. Are you doing this for your 175/80's or do you plan to go much bigger later? If your just sticking with 175/80's I would stay with your stock pump and just a rr or a quad feed system.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Truck is a progress so eventually it'll be getting a built motor and much bigger injectors.

I'm fine with getting everything on my own. The Riffraff straw setup, fuel hose to pump. I just have to learn how the pushloks work because I'm not going to use hose barbs on the pressure side. Never used pushloks before.

campbellflage

Reaction score
whats the micron rating on the stock post pump filter on the 6.7? Just a thought but if your going to install the pump your going to have to buy 6.7 filters for it, they usually come in a pack, would the stock high side filter be good enough? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to mount somewhere with a band clamp style mount, just gotta find a spot for it? Just a thought.

just looked it up, looks like 98% at 10 microns, same as the stock filter in the 7.3. Would be nice to have the 2 micron rating post filters, guess thats not such a hot idea.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Personally I'll be getting strictly diesels bowl delete RR. so I'll be running the post pump filter setup from him as well.

Reaction score
whats the micron rating on the stock post pump filter on the 6.7? Just a thought but if your going to install the pump your going to have to buy 6.7 filters for it, they usually come in a pack, would the stock high side filter be good enough? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to mount somewhere with a band clamp style mount, just gotta find a spot for it? Just a thought.

just looked it up, looks like 98% at 10 microns, same as the stock filter in the 7.3. Would be nice to have the 2 micron rating post filters, guess thats not such a hot idea.

2 micron is doable....most of us with bowl deletes run a 20 micron before the pump then a 2 micron after the pump....i have stepped up to a 40 micron before my fuel lab pump to keep it from working to hard..

campbellflage

Reaction score
2 micron is doable....most of us with bowl deletes run a 20 micron before the pump then a 2 micron after the pump....i have stepped up to a 40 micron before my fuel lab pump to keep it from working to hard..

I might be wrong, someone else find anything? I think its 10 micron water separator, and 4 micron filter in the engine bay for the 6.7, if thats the case I would just do that, looks like filter packs run about 55 for the pair, not sure on just the pump filter. I have a filter base already from strictly and was going to either purchase the y block from them or the fuel bowl delete add on.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I posted this question on another thread and was directed to this one. Have you finished your system with the 6.7?
I found a good deal on a 6.4 pump and was wondering if it would work on my 01 7.3? I'm not too familiar with the 6.4 but I understand it uses hi pressure fuel instead of oil for injectors. This pump had supply,return and looks like a feed out and return back to pump? With a built in filter. Anyone know if it will work?

campbellflage

Reaction score
I posted this question on another thread and was directed to this one. Have you finished your system with the 6.7?
I found a good deal on a 6.4 pump and was wondering if it would work on my 01 7.3? I'm not too familiar with the 6.4 but I understand it uses hi pressure fuel instead of oil for injectors. This pump had supply,return and looks like a feed out and return back to pump? With a built in filter. Anyone know if it will work?

6.4 pump will not work for us for this type of application, it runs at too low of psi.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok! Thanks! I'm fixn to put a homemade sump and do my system. Since I've got a whole nother truck I'll just rob fuel line to do the system as far as lines go. I shouldn't need more pressure than a stock pump puts out just thought its about time for it go out being 14 years old. Let us know how the 6.7 pump works and how the filters work out. Imagination is ingenuity! Imagine if Tesla hadn't thought up crazy stuff.

Bluke

Reaction score
The 6.4 pump is an upgrade for the 6.0 crew. They use it as lift pump. You could add it if you want.

Please post up some pics of your homemade sump.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Will do as soon in a coie weeks when it gets out of the shop. It's a 3" Meyers hub used in industrial waterproof apps. With a plug to cap off. Fitting is in the side of the hub. Whenever you want to clean it out just screw out the plug.

Jomax

Reaction score
I might be wrong, someone else find anything? I think its 10 micron water separator, and 4 micron filter in the engine bay for the 6.7, if thats the case I would just do that, looks like filter packs run about 55 for the pair, not sure on just the pump filter. I have a filter base already from strictly and was going to either purchase the y block from them or the fuel bowl delete add on.
Where are you finding them that cheap for ford oem filters? I paid 80$

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk