6.7 fuel pump on 7.3.

campbellflage

Reaction score
OP, got a company working on the logistics to plumbing this thing in place, awaiting to hear back from them (also waiting on the ok to put theirname and quite frankly the best customer service I have ever dealt with on blast)... more to come soon.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Marty at Marty's Diesel performance (well yesterday) and my fuel system is just about complete, should find out more on monday. Went with 1/2 inch pickup #8 to the 6.7 pump, to post pump filter, to engine reg return then #8 back to the 6.7 pump to pick up water removed on the first pass then back to tank. Should be a good setup!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Marty at Marty's Diesel performance (well yesterday) and my fuel system is just about complete, should find out more on monday. Went with 1/2 inch pickup #8 to the 6.7 pump, to post pump filter, to engine reg return then #8 back to the 6.7 pump to pick up water removed on the first pass then back to tank. Should be a good setup!
that confused me.. so you're sending fuel to the motor from the pump then returning it to the pump?

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Why would you want the water to go back into the tank? Won't you end up with a tank full of water eventually?

campbellflage

Reaction score
I guess I could be wrong maybe it doesn't send the water back to the tank, but how do you think the 6.7s do it, their tanks don't end up full of water..?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Without looking anything up I would think you'd drain the water out since the HFCM is a separator and then any excess fuel would be returned to the tank. Since a HPF system is ridiculously picky about having water in it, they wouldn't run water back into the tank. They want it out of the system permanently. IE, you draining the separator.

campbellflage

Reaction score
That's probably how it works, it's a stock 6.7 pump brand new I just wanted to give it shot, gonna pick up some 250/200's soon so we will see how much it can handle

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Did you find anything that told you the flow capabilities of this pump or have it bench tested?

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Bluke

Reaction score
The 6.7 will capture water in the water seperator until it is full. After so it will ship the water back to the tank. In theory you could have a tank full of water but that would mean you never drain your separator.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Did you find anything that told you the flow capabilities of this pump or have it bench tested?

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

I can't remember the gph, its 55psi minimum, 120psi max pump with lots of flow.
this:
"The low pressure fuel pump
supplies approximately 3 times the
maximum amount of fuel required for
combustion. The excess fuel is used
for lubrication and cooling of the high
pressure fuel pump"
I think its gonna be plenty of fuel

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Without looking anything up I would think you'd drain the water out since the HFCM is a separator and then any excess fuel would be returned to the tank. Since a HPF system is ridiculously picky about having water in it, they wouldn't run water back into the tank. They want it out of the system permanently. IE, you draining the separator.

spot on man. good post!

live life full throttle

campbellflage

Reaction score
Rest of the kit shipped today, should have pics up on a few days. Gotta say dealing with martys diesel has been awesome! They call almost everyday just to give updates! Great customer service

Latest posts

Members online