6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

50_shooter

Reaction score
You can't hurt them damn trucks. My friend has one and literally tries to blow it up but he can't.

Too bad the engine is the only thing worth a *** on them. I had one once. The engine was great, but the tranny said bye bye 2 times in a short period. I think it was putting a whopping 350hp to the ground. a 2000 model.

Dan

Reaction score
You can't hurt them damn trucks. My friend has one and literally tries to blow it up but he can't.

Yeah it's done me well, I put head studs in one by one when I bought it a year ago, 7x12 nozzles, a S467.7 over a GT55 and the engines loved every min of it! Tranny, not so much.. Has #3 in it right now but likely all the 4wd launches at every stop light has something to do with that haha

Because a 4r100 or an e4od are such gems in stock form...

Annnyyyway, whats the word dan.

Trucks back up in Fort Mac with me now, new fass pump, had my hp line from the cp3 to rail crack on me so I used industrial injections "dual feed line" (Flexable hp line) to solve that issue... I'm just driving it all the time loving every min of it! Haha gotta take it easy as the trans is slipping in 5th and 6th so as long as I stay under 50% throttle in od it's fine, so in the somewhat near future it'll be getting a new trans... One of these days I'll set up a you tube acount so I can upload some fun videos

62326E03-2A27-405E-93C9-4D2422F66393_zpsn3lflkju.jpg

TRUBBS

Reaction score
werd was there are issues with the turbo kit and it needed alot of love before they were gonna mess with it.

Yeah turbo kit is literally falling apart... So yeah... Have to make up my mind what's going to happen there.

care to go into any more details about this?

(fwiw not trying to stir $h!t or anything, just generally curious)

Wayne

Reaction score
As great as those are, you gotta have a flex point where some stuff is mounted to the engine, other stuff to the core support, and more yet "mounted" direct to the frame. The boost braces vibrant offers can work really well to keep boots on when everything is designed properly.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
As great as those are, you gotta have a flex point where some stuff is mounted to the engine, other stuff to the core support, and more yet "mounted" direct to the frame. The boost braces vibrant offers can work really well to keep boots on when everything is designed properly.

I sheared a boost brace clean off when one of my boots blew off at 75psi lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
:shrug: There are stronger alternatives. so for guys like you, I suppose industrial type brace would be the ticket. I've had good luck with them, but when I put them in, the only direction they would pull is out, not in some other direction. What ended working for you?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
:shrug: There are stronger alternatives. so for guys like you, I suppose industrial type brace would be the ticket. I've had good luck with them, but when I put them in, the only direction they would pull is out, not in some other direction. What ended working for you?

My piping eventually settled and I haven't had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online