Deceptive Marketing. "Made in USA.*".............*And China. And Mexico. And Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Deceptive Marketing. "Made in USA.*".............*And China. And Mexico. And Canada.

2.png

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2662-driven-diesel-fuel-tank-pre-pump-kit.aspx

Nice little "Made in USA" badge in the pic....it was one of the reasons I bought your kit.

Problem is, I open up the kit tonight when I got home from work, and this big old MADE IN CHINA sticker on a box, staring me in the face.

Huh?

Open it up.... "Made in China" sticker on the filter head, too.

So kinda pissed.... I go back to your site and read the add again, where I see your little disclaimer at the very bottom of the page.

MADE IN THE USA : We take this very seriously and make every attempt possible to source and use as much US made product/material as we possibly can...as long as doing so doesn't sacrifice the quality of the final product. Unfortunately, we have had to discontinue the use of the US made filter heads because we were returning 60%+ of them to our supplier for manufacturing defects. When our name is on the final product, we simply can't afford to ignore such a huge problem!

So I go back and inspect the kit further. The Hose is made in Mexico, and the Piping was made in Canada!

God only knows where the hardware was made.

I understand you gotta do what you gotta do, but do not advertise as "Made in the USA" when the main components clearly are not.

NOT IMPRESSED! :mad:

Attachments

• SD3.jpg
    SD3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 176
  • SD4.jpg
    SD4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 162
  • SD1.jpg
    SD1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 146
  • SD2.jpg
    SD2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 146

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Blow me.

The only thing that makes me an idiot is believing it was actually Made in the USA.

Don't advertise as "Made in USA" if it's not.

When 1/2 the kit clearly is not.

Send the kit back to Dennis and I will pay for it plus shipping. Or shut the *** up and have this stupid thread taken down.

Where is the "bag of douche" button?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Blow me.

The only thing that makes me an idiot is believing it was actually Made in the USA.

Don't advertise as "Made in USA" if it's not.

When 1/2 the kit clearly is not.

I'm guessing your elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. The kit is made in America with as much "American Made" product as possible. Just as it clearly states in the quote you linked from Dennis' site. *** does it matter what is in the kit anyway? The reputation of quality is what you bought.

This isn't the p&r forum where you can post a bunch of stupid chit and hope it sticks. Remember that

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm guessing your elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. The kit is made in America with as much "American Made" product as possible. Just as it clearly states in the quote you linked from Dennis' site. *** does it matter what is in the kit anyway? The reputation of quality is what you bought.

This isn't the p&r forum where you can post a bunch of stupid chit and hope it sticks. Remember that

Yeah POT(head?) this is Kettle, over...

So far the only moron who is posting stupid, unrelated chit is you.

ToMang07

Reaction score
What is the standard for a product to be called Made in USA without qualification?

For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions.

What does "all or virtually all" mean?

"All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.

Quoted from: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
2.png

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2662-driven-diesel-fuel-tank-pre-pump-kit.aspx

Nice little "Made in USA" badge in the pic....it was one of the reasons I bought your kit.

Problem is, I open up the kit tonight when I got home from work, and this big old MADE IN CHINA sticker on a box, staring me in the face.

Huh?

Open it up.... "Made in China" sticker on the filter head, too.

So kinda pissed.... I go back to your site and read the add again, where I see your little disclaimer at the very bottom of the page.

So I go back and inspect the kit further. The Hose is made in Mexico, and the Piping was made in Canada!

God only knows where the hardware was made.

I understand you gotta do what you gotta do, but do not advertise as "Made in the USA" when the main components clearly are not.

NOT IMPRESSED! :mad:

1. We bought HUNDREDS of the US made filter heads...and we returned HUNDREDS of them. We spent a fortune sending out replacements and getting defective ones back. We spent even more money returning CASES of filter heads back to the distributor and waiting for the replacements. We got to a point where we had to open every single filter head, test fit a filter on them to see if the gasket was going to seal, put the ones we could use in our assembly bin and the ones that were defective back in their box so we could return them and get more to try again. I'm very sorry you are not happy with the filter heads we are using, but we finally had to make the hard decision to PAY MORE MONEY for the ones that are made in China because we could no longer justify the frustration it was causing us and our customers to keep using the US made ones. This was one case where the domestic product was inferior, and in most cases you could actually see the problems with your bare eyes. Shame on whoever makes them for Napa/WIX...I gave them MORE THAN a fair shot and they failed miserably. You have NO IDEA how much it pissed me off to have to buy foreign products...or how much is saddened me that the U.S. made product was such crap!

2. I have been through a bunch of different hose for our kits over the years, and the Gates product has been BY FAR the best QUALITY product I have used. I've had other hose get spongy, some of it cracked on the outside...I can't in good conscience send that stuff to my customers.

3. My fitting supplier knows that I have a strong preference for US made fittings, but the simple fact is that most of them are not produced here any longer. He gets me what he can from US companies...the rest I have to take what I can get. Parker fittings, a very well known name in the business...NOT made in the US. I wish they were...but that's just not the case.

So...why do I say that I take "Made in the USA" seriously, and why do I promote "Made in the USA" on my product? Because I'm doing everything I can to source as many U.S. parts for my products as possible.

• S.S. Brackets Cut and Deburred by AMERICAN WORKERS in a U.S. Shop
  • Studs Installed in Brackets by AMERICAN WORKERS in a U.S. Shop
  • Tubing Sections Cut and Bent by AMERICAN WORKERS in a U.S. Shop
  • Final Kit Assembly is completed in our Shop by AMERICAN WORKERS

I have tried, and will continue to try, to make the most of every one of my products from the most U.S. sourced products. I will NEVER outsource ANY of my manufacturing to any shop outside the U.S. The shops that cut my steel, bend/weld my brackets, install my threaded inserts/studs, machine my aluminum and S.S. parts, anodize my parts, engrave my parts, etc...EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM is located in the U.S. and most of them are in the Phoenix area.

If you are not happy with this, please call me for an RMA # and I will take the product back. What I will not take is being called "Deceptive" when I work my ass off to provide my customers with the highest quality product with the most U.S. made componentry possible.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
1. We bought HUNDREDS of the US made filter heads...and we returned HUNDREDS of them. We spent a fortune sending out replacements and getting defective ones back. We spent even more money returning CASES of filter heads back to the distributor and waiting for the replacements. We got to a point where we had to open every single filter head, test fit a filter on them to see if the gasket was going to seal, put the ones we could use in our assembly bin and the ones that were defective back in their box so we could return them and get more to try again. I'm very sorry you are not happy with the filter heads we are using, but we finally had to make the hard decision to PAY MORE MONEY for the ones that are made in China because we could no longer justify the frustration it was causing us and our customers to keep using the US made ones. This was one case where the domestic product was inferior, and in most cases you could actually see the problems with your bare eyes. Shame on whoever makes them for Napa/WIX...I gave them MORE THAN a fair shot and they failed miserably. You have NO IDEA how much it pissed me off to have to buy foreign products...or how much is saddened me that the U.S. made product was such crap!

2. I have been through a bunch of different hose for our kits over the years, and the Gates product has been BY FAR the best QUALITY product I have used. I've had other hose get spongy, some of it cracked on the outside...I can't in good conscience send that stuff to my customers.

3. My fitting supplier knows that I have a strong preference for US made fittings, but the simple fact is that most of them are not produced here any longer. He gets me what he can from US companies...the rest I have to take what I can get. Parker fittings, a very well known name in the business...NOT made in the US. I wish they were...but that's just not the case.

So...why do I say that I take "Made in the USA" seriously, and why do I promote "Made in the USA" on my product? Because I'm doing everything I can to source as many U.S. parts for my products as possible.

• S.S. Brackets Cut and Deburred by AMERICAN WORKERS in a U.S. Shop
  • Studs Installed in Brackets by AMERICAN WORKERS in a U.S. Shop
  • Tubing Sections Cut and Bent by AMERICAN WORKERS in a U.S. Shop
  • Final Kit Assembly is completed in our Shop by AMERICAN WORKERS

I have tried, and will continue to try, to make the most of every one of my products from the most U.S. sourced products. I will NEVER outsource ANY of my manufacturing to any shop outside the U.S. The shops that cut my steel, bend/weld my brackets, install my threaded inserts/studs, machine my aluminum and S.S. parts, anodize my parts, engrave my parts, etc...EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM is located in the U.S. and most of them are in the Phoenix area.

If you are not happy with this, please call me for an RMA # and I will take the product back. What I will not take is being called "Deceptive" when I work my ass off to provide my customers with the highest quality product with the most U.S. made componentry possible.

i feel you buddy, it aint easy. ou deal with a whle nuther' level of difficult than i do, and my stuff isnt easy. do the best you can. the real bummer is the yankee building the inferior stuff.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Thankfully Dennis handles chit like a man and a proud business owner. I'm glad there's still some of those out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.