Deceptive Marketing. "Made in USA.*".............*And China. And Mexico. And Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm going to bed. If you notice that the OP has posted on any other sites, feel free to either copy/paste my reply or just point me toward it and I'll do it tomorrow.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I have had similar quality issues with the WIX/NAPA filter heads when I build fuel systems - the threads that they cut just plain suck.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I think it could have been better handled by the OP with a phone call to Dennis

Probably. But "proud" of his product or not, awesome product or not, "Assembled in USA" and "Made in USA" are entirely different things.

I was excited that the product I was buying was "Made in the USA" as clearly projected on his site.

It was NOT. A couple parts were. Most were not.

Thankfully Dennis handles chit like a man and a proud business owner. I'm glad there's still some of those out there.

He can be as proud as he wants of his (Mostly made of foreign materials) kit. It's a nice kit. That is one of the reasons I bought from him, he has an excellent reputation. Nothing wrong with that, and he should be proud.

But the only parts actually "Made in the USA" is the bracket and the filter.

This does NOT constitute, nor deserve, a "Made in the USA" badge. THAT is my issue.

Thanks guys. I'm going to bed. If you notice that the OP has posted on any other sites, feel free to either copy/paste my reply or just point me toward it and I'll do it tomorrow.

I did not post anywhere else. I chose to post it here, on YOUR forum. My problem, as clearly stated, is it is NOT "Made in the USA." The majority of is is made elsewhere. If it was just the filter head, I'd just be bummed. I could have read the ad better. But it's not.

But then he couldn't be keyboard famous!

Yes, this is my goal. I want a plaque on the wall.
yankyank.gif

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Jesus...

You do realize half your "OEM" parts in your truck were produced in Mexico or overseas correct?

Send it back and get your refund. Or keep it and be done.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I agree with Tom. All he is trying to get at is that it shouldnt be advertised as Made In the US if its not fully made here. Not to make the product look bad.

Now, Steve and Dearden. This is a stereotypical response from you two, and I would be more than glad to hear actual responses and not childish remarks such as "yawn" or anything of the like

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Probably. But "proud" of his product or not, awesome product or not, "Assembled in USA" and "Made in USA" are entirely different things.

I was excited that the product I was buying was "Made in the USA" as clearly projected on his site.

It was NOT. A couple parts were. Most were not.

He can be as proud as he wants of his (Mostly made of foreign materials) kit. It's a nice kit. That is one of the reasons I bought from him, he has an excellent reputation. Nothing wrong with that, and he should be proud.

But the only parts actually "Made in the USA" is the bracket and the filter.

This does NOT constitute, nor deserve, a "Made in the USA" badge. THAT is my issue.

I did not post anywhere else. I chose to post it here, on YOUR forum. My problem, as clearly stated, is it is NOT "Made in the USA." The majority of is is made elsewhere. If it was just the filter head, I'd just be bummed. I could have read the ad better. But it's not.

Yes, this is my goal. I want a plaque on the wall.
yankyank.gif

Burp...YAWN

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I agree with Tom. All he is trying to get at is that it shouldnt be advertised as Made In the US if its not fully made here. Not to make the product look bad.

I get this, but I'm not really understanding the point unless it's just to "inform" everyone?

If it's just to state that the advertisement should be changed, it might have been better contact Dennis direct.

If he isn't happy with it, Dennis is more than willing to refund the money. His products are far superior to some others in the market. Many of us push his products and customer service.

I will agree with you though, we all would like to have made in the U.S. Products all the time! Support your fellow American.

Oh and strokinsmoker, the point of Toms post clearly went over your head...

Clearly I didn't, if you would have waited for a response you would notice that I agree with what he is saying and understand it. Handling it differently than airing it on a forum sometimes has a better response. Sometimes things like that come off as "fishing or stirring" the pot

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Now, Steve and Dearden. This is a stereotypical response from you two, and I would be more than glad to hear actual responses and not childish remarks such as "yawn" or anything of the like

Shut up and read.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I get this, but I'm not really understanding the point unless it's just to "inform" everyone?

If it's just to state that the advertisement should be changed, it might have been better contact Dennis direct.

If he isn't happy with it, Dennis is more than willing to refund the money. His products are far superior to some others in the market. Many of us push his products and customer service.

I will agree with you though, we all would like to have made in the U.S. Products all the time! Support your fellow American.

Clearly I didn't, if you would have waited for a response you would notice that I agree with what he is saying and understand it. Handling it differently than airing it on a forum sometimes has a better response. Sometimes things like that come off as "fishing or stirring" the pot

This is all true and you made some good points. If its true that his only motive is to get the marketing changed, then I agree it probably would have been better to just call Dennis.

Thanks for the honest and thought out response, it makes you look better than other in this thread... and I apologize for mentioning that this went over your head, my bad.

Turbtators

Reaction score
I think you can get away with some foreign parts. I believe you can put "made in America" As long as 75% of the manufacturing cost is in the USA. But i'm not positive so someone correct if I'm mistaken.

ToMang07

Reaction score

I understand your point. But I should not have to tell Dennis whats in his kit.

And as far as "informing" people....Dennis can handle that how he wants. Which is why I posted it on his forum.

I said in my first post, I understand you got to do what you got to do to get a good product out. That, I understand, and have no problem with.

But again, do not market it as made in the USA when it is not. This is not an attack on his products, or the reputation of his products.

It is the false representation of being "Made in the USA."

ToMang07

Reaction score

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
This is all true and you made some good points. If its true that his only motive is to get the marketing changed, then I agree it probably would have been better to just call Dennis.

Thanks for the honest and thought out response, it makes you look better than other in this thread... and I apologize for mentioning that this went over your head, my bad.

Ok you dumb *** you want to talk about looking stupid...Your boyfriend gets on a forum to chuck one of the most stand up guys in diesel under the bus on a product that works because of a marketing dispute. 90% of the shops / drop shippers out there produce absolute ****. Dennis is easily one of the most thorough meticulous shop owners in the country. So when two east coast queers start chopping who happen to have 3 of the biggest piece of **** trucks on the site your going to get it from me and others.

Tell your buddy to call Banks and dispute the HP gains from his ram air intake or whoever created the bato mo wheel bull****, or the thousands of other misleading articles and inflated HP numbers etc. The product works period, ****y can send it back if he doesn't like it. This is similar to getting an overcooked steak, there is a way to go about getting a new one. You don't stand up in the restaurant and ruin everyone else's meal that is perfectly happy and announce how big of a ****y you are ( its ok I added a y at the end).

ToMang07

Reaction score
Derpy-derpy-derpy....look at me! Look at me!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!

You are a good lap dog.

You either ignore the facts, or you have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader.

All hail the keyboard warrior! :clapping:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

You are a good lap dog.

You either ignore the facts, or you have the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader.

All hail the keyboard warrior! :clapping:

What is a lap dog? I have never bought one product from Dennis, I have literally never given him 1$.

A good ****y like you could literally find something on every website and every product advertisement to bitch about...that's what ****y's do.

Last edited:

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Ok you dumb *** you want to talk about looking stupid...Your boyfriend gets on a forum to chuck one of the most stand up guys in diesel under the bus on a product that works because of a marketing dispute. 90% of the shops / drop shippers out there produce absolute ****. Dennis is easily one of the most thorough meticulous shop owners in the country. So when two east coast queers start chopping who happen to have 3 of the biggest piece of **** trucks on the site your going to get it from me and others.

Tell your buddy to call Banks and dispute the HP gains from his ram air intake or whoever created the bato mo wheel bull****, or the thousands of other misleading articles and inflated HP numbers etc. The product works period, ****y can send it back if he doesn't like it. This is similar to getting an overcooked steak, there is a way to go about getting a new one. You don't stand up in the restaurant and ruin everyone else's meal that is perfectly happy and announce how big of a ****y you are ( its ok I added a y at the end).

vupeveje.jpg

Look who proved my point. Neither of us are attacking Dennis. I have NEVER heard anything bad about him, said anything, or thought. I even have friends that have bought several parts from him and are happy every time. I'm not cutting anyone down. I'm not calling Dennis anything degrading. Dennis stayed true to his rep and handled this in a professional matter. Unlike YOU who can't even handle a simple, to the point debate with an 18 year old without calling names, degrading, and making a fool of yourself.

The restaurant was a very good point though. A few more of those and you could be on your way :thumbup:

I made my peace. You just proved how much of a d!ck you are. I'd love to meet you at an event one day and actually speak face to face and form an honest opinion of you, and not judge based off an internet post.

Good day, sir.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
vupeveje.jpg

Look who proved my point. Neither of us are attacking Dennis. I have NEVER heard anything bad about him, said anything, or thought. I even have friends that have bought several parts from him and are happy every time. I'm not cutting anyone down. I'm not calling Dennis anything degrading. Dennis stayed true to his rep and handled this in a professional matter. Unlike YOU who can't even handle a simple, to the point debate with an 18 year old without calling names, degrading, and making a fool of yourself.

The restaurant was a very good point though. A few more of those and you could be on your way :thumbup:

I made my peace. You just proved how much of a d!ck you are. I'd love to meet you at an event one day and actually speak face to face and form an honest opinion of you, and not judge based off an internet post.

Good day, sir.

I don't debate with ****y's. I have no interest in meeting you face to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online