Deceptive Marketing. "Made in USA.*".............*And China. And Mexico. And Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

My intention was threefold:
-Express my displeasure at being mislead.
-Clarify the difference between "Made in America" and "Assembled in America."
-Fix the problem. (Rather get SD to.) Not the kit itself, but the way it is portrayed.

But you are not sending it back.....?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Take it however you like. I did not ask for a refund. So save yourself some time there.
Why would you want to keep a product that isn't what you ordered, or expected? You are clearly unhappy, I'd rather not have you running around with a product that you are not happy with...it's better customer service for me to just get it back and spare you the aggravation of having to look at it and get mad every time you have to change the filter. I will still send the return label, I would rather have my product back and give you back your money...it's the right thing to do. It's up to you whether you take me up on it.

I sympathize that you could not buy good parts here at home, that SUCKS. But when you change the content of the kit, so should you change the description of said kit.
To be honest, I never looked at the FTC site to check the actual rules. Sure, that's my mistake..."ignorance of the law..." yada yada yada. I changed the filter head, and put a specific note about it on the site explaining the change. Nothing else in the kit changed, the major components that we have made are still done in US shops, putting US citizens to work...I didn't see a reason to change the wording until you posted the FTC link.

I ordered the parts because of your excellent reputation. I was excited to install what I was lead to believe was "Made in America" parts on my truck. I WAS mislead. And leaving it there is, in my opinion, deceptive, whether intentionally or not.
I'm very sorry to have disappointed you.

And one of the reasons I posted rather than call, was I work 9am-9pm est, and don't get home until 10pm est, well after you are closed. That....and yeah, I was kinda pissed.
Clearly your job doesn't keep you away from the computer, you have the time to post on the interweb forumz...so you certainly could have found the time to email me directly. You could also have called after hours and left a voice message with your number and the times I would have been able to reach you...and I could have called you back (I'm usually here an hour before we open...and frequently after we close).

I'm done here, I've got other things to do. I'm doing what I can to make this right with Tom (whether or not he takes me up on it is up to him) and I'm going to fix the wording so nobody else is "mislead". I will continue trying to source and use as many US parts as I can, without sacrificing the product quality to do so.

In the end, you can't make everyone happy. Personally, I think that picking up the phone and talking to someone directly is the way grown-ups handle things, but since we live in the age of "blast anyone you want on the internet because you have no name or face when doing it, and you get the instant gratification of generating internet drama"...I guess I just need to get used to it.

There's nothing left to be said here, Tom has his opinion, I have mine and others have theirs. Continuing to argue over it accomplishes nothing...so I'm out.

ToMang07

Reaction score
But you are not sending it back.....?

And back to reading comprehension we go.

I never asked for a refund. Never had a desire to return it. I just want the product to be represented correctly. Again, I was excited to have purchased a "Made in the USA" kit. And it was not. I'm sure it will do what it was intended to do, as all feedback I have seen to the kit was positive. But if it's not really Made in America, don't advertise as such.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

I never asked for a refund. Never had a desire to return it. I just want the product to be represented correctly. Again, I was excited to have purchased a "Made in the USA" kit. And it was not. I'm sure it will do what it was intended to do, as all feedback I have seen to the kit was positive. But if it's not really Made in America, don't advertise as such.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z189/jdwop/f4l3tf_zpsdf679040.jpg

Last edited:

Vengeance

Reaction score

You have addressed all the people that have been throwing insults at you, however, you have not addressed my post. Do you not agree that it would have served you better to word it as such?

ToMang07

Reaction score
You have addressed all the people that have been throwing insults at you, however, you have not addressed my post. Do you not agree that it would have served you better to word it as such?

I touched on it in post #24. Sure...probably could have. But the toothpaste doesn't go back in the tube, and I stand by what was said.

Atsah

Reaction score
This thread would be one page long if the people that had absolutely no business posting would STFU, let the OP and vendor work out there dispute..

ToMang07

Reaction score
This thread would be one page long if the people that had absolutely no business posting would STFU, let the OP and vendor work out there dispute..

Which was my intent, and why I posted on Strictly's page, not AWOL or elsewhere.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

That's the issue with public forums you get other people's opinion...This thread wouldn't exist if the OP wasn't such a bag of douche.

Maybe you should go start another pointless thread about how to clean your steering wheel or something.

Last edited:

morepower02

Reaction score
That's the issue with public forums you get other people's opinion...This thread wouldn't exist if the OP wasn't such a bag of douche.

Maybe you should go start another pointless thread about how to clean your steering wheel or something.

YAWN.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
OT, but is there a reason the OP insists on posting on large bolded text? :confused:

If that doesn't scream self-importance, this thread goes ahead and does so also

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Dearden do you know when to stop talking? Can a mod change his scree name to chattykathy? I feel this thread has run its course and doesn't need you poking it every 5 minutes

Atsah

Reaction score
Dearden do you know when to stop talking? Can a mod change his scree name to chattykathy? I feel this thread has run its course and doesn't need you poking it every 5 minutes

He's a moron, nothing you can do...

imelmo

Reaction score

If he truly wanted it handled that way he would've just pm'd or emailed Dennis instead of posting it on the open forum and calling him a liar.

ToMang07

Reaction score
If he truly wanted it handled that way he would've just pm'd or emailed Dennis instead of posting it on the open forum and calling him a liar.

Right, better to hide the truth.

Sounding like PSO now.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Dearden do you know when to stop talking? Can a mod change his scree name to chattykathy ? I feel this thread has run its course and doesn't need you poking it every 5 minutes

Done.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Who wants to chat with chattykathy?

89974-Steve-Martin-rip-heart-out-gif-MRPg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.