Deceptive Marketing. "Made in USA.*".............*And China. And Mexico. And Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Oh and nice try about my truck. I'm sorry my parents haven't offered to buy me a nice newer truck, or that I work all the damn time to try and fix it up. But hey, there are always gonna be people like you who can't get over themselves and have to cut others down. I may not have a nice truck in some peoples eyes, but it's all mine and no banks own any part of it. But hey, at least Im able to see past my emotions sometimes and make a rational thought. You may have a nice truck(I mean that) but you have a ****ty personality to go along with it.

Vengeance

Reaction score
2.png

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2662-driven-diesel-fuel-tank-pre-pump-kit.aspx

Nice little "Made in USA" badge in the pic....it was one of the reasons I bought your kit.

Problem is, I open up the kit tonight when I got home from work, and this big old MADE IN CHINA sticker on a box, staring me in the face.

Huh?

Open it up.... "Made in China" sticker on the filter head, too.

So kinda pissed.... I go back to your site and read the add again, where I see your little disclaimer at the very bottom of the page.

So I go back and inspect the kit further. The Hose is made in Mexico, and the Piping was made in Canada!

God only knows where the hardware was made.

I understand you gotta do what you gotta do, but do not advertise as "Made in the USA" when the main components clearly are not.

NOT IMPRESSED! :mad:

VS:

"Dennis, I received the fuel kit in and had a chance to open it and look at the parts. Nice kit, but I was confused by something. On your website you show this as being made in America, however, I noticed that at least half or more of the kit is actually from China, Mexico and other places.

I went back on your website and after further reading saw the disclaimer about the parts from America being substandard, which is quite depressing, and that you had to source parts from overseas. While I totally understand the need for doing so, don't you think the Made in America tag on the picture is deceiving? Perchance you may want to consider changing it so that your future customers won't feel as I do, that I have been misled in your advertising.

Thank you."

Now you guys tell me which would have garnered a more civil conversation.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Oh and you know what I just realized? You and 20007.3L are very much alike!! Neither of you can see past you emotions, see other peoples arguments, AND resort to name calling and making fun of people who try to talk!!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
VS:

"Dennis, I received the fuel kit in and had a chance to open it and look at the parts. Nice kit, but I was confused by something. On your website you show this as being made in America, however, I noticed that at least half or more of the kit is actually from China, Mexico and other places.

I went back on your website and after further reading saw the disclaimer about the parts from America being substandard, which is quite depressing, and that you had to source parts from overseas. While I totally understand the need for doing so, don't you think the Made in America tag on the picture is deceiving? Perchance you may want to consider changing it so that your future customers won't feel as I do, that I have been misled in your advertising.

Thank you."

Exactly.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Oh and nice try about my truck. I'm sorry my parents haven't offered to buy me a nice newer truck, or that I work all the damn time to try and fix it up. But hey, there are always gonna be people like you who can't get over themselves and have to cut others down. I may not have a nice truck in some peoples eyes, but it's all mine and no banks own any part of it. But hey, at least Im able to see past my emotions sometimes and make a rational thought. You may have a nice truck(I mean that) but you have a ****ty personality to go along with it.

YAWN

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I understand your point. But I should not have to tell Dennis whats in his kit.
You don't have to tell me, I sat on my couch last night typing my response to you, knowing which items in my kit are for sure "Made in the U.S.", and which ones I've tried to get from U.S. sources and either couldn't acquire, or had to stop using because they were crap.

And as far as "informing" people....Dennis can handle that how he wants. Which is why I posted it on his forum.

I said in my first post, I understand you got to do what you got to do to get a good product out. That, I understand, and have no problem with.

But again, do not market it as made in the USA when it is not. This is not an attack on his products, or the reputation of his products.

It is the false representation of being "Made in the USA."
I disagree. You could have picked up the telephone and called me to ask about the situation before posting a thread titled "Deceptive Marketing...". Instead, you went straight to the internet and clearly set out to make it look like I am intentionally lying to people. That is a character attack, plain and simple, and that is the reason you have seen a number of people come to my defense, including some that have not even purchased product from me.

From reading what you posted from the FTC, by the "letter of the law"...you are correct. So, instead of taking care of customers, building product, answering technical questions, etc....it looks like I will spend my day fixing the descriptions on all of the product I manufacture...in order to prevent upsetting some future customer such as yourself...one that prefers to go straight to the internet and point fingers before getting the facts and having a meaningful, adult conversation.

Not that I've figured out that your name is Tom, and that you are in Maine, I see you in my customer list. I will have a UPS Ground return label in your e-mail inbox by the end of the day. Since you are clearly unhappy with your purchase, please just pack everything back in the box and return it. I will give you a full refund and cover the return freight and you will be free to spend your money with someone else you have not accused of being a liar.

Have a nice day!

imelmo

Reaction score
VS:

Thank you."

This^^^

I disagree. You could have picked up the telephone and called me to ask about the situation before posting a thread titled "Deceptive Marketing...". Instead, you went straight to the internet and clearly set out to make it look like I am intentionally lying to people. That is a character attack, plain and simple, and that is the reason you have seen a number of people come to my defense, including some that have not even purchased product from me.

And this^^^.

ToMang07

Reaction score
You don't have to tell me, I sat on my couch last night typing my response to you, knowing which items in my kit are for sure "Made in the U.S.", and which ones I've tried to get from U.S. sources and either couldn't acquire, or had to stop using because they were crap.

From reading what you posted from the FTC, by the "letter of the law"...you are correct. So, instead of taking care of customers, building product, answering technical questions, etc....it looks like I will spend my day fixing the descriptions on all of the product I manufacture...in order to prevent upsetting some future customer such as yourself...one that prefers to go straight to the internet and point fingers before getting the facts and having a meaningful, adult conversation.

Not that I've figured out that your name is Tom, and that you are in Maine, I see you in my customer list. I will have a UPS Ground return label in your e-mail inbox by the end of the day. Since you are clearly unhappy with your purchase, please just pack everything back in the box and return it. I will give you a full refund and cover the return freight and you will be free to spend your money with someone else you have not accused of being a liar.

Have a nice day!

Take it however you like. I did not ask for a refund. So save yourself some time there.

I sympathize that you could not buy good parts here at home, that SUCKS. But when you change the content of the kit, so should you change the description of said kit.

I ordered the parts because of your excellent reputation. I was excited to install what I was lead to believe was "Made in America" parts on my truck. I WAS mislead. And leaving it there is, in my opinion, deceptive, whether intentionally or not.

And one of the reasons I posted rather than call, was I work 9am-9pm est, and don't get home until 10pm est, well after you are closed. That....and yeah, I was kinda pissed.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Have a nice day!

Exactly why I will only sell Dennis' Kits. Class A Gentleman

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Take it however you like. I did not ask for a refund. So save yourself some time there.

I sympathize that you could not buy good parts here at home, that SUCKS. But when you change the content of the kit, so should you change the description of said kit.

I ordered the parts because of your excellent reputation. I was excited to install what I was lead to believe was "Made in America" parts on my truck. I WAS mislead. And leaving it there is, in my opinion, deceptive, whether intentionally or not.

And one of the reasons I posted rather than call, was I work 9am-9pm est, and don't get home until 10pm est, well after you are closed. That....and yeah, I was kinda pissed.

Did you post a thread to order the kit also? Or did you find the time to call?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Exactly why I will only sell Dennis' Kits. Class A Gentleman

I was sitting on my couch last night thinking how annoying it must be for legit diesel shop owners and dealing with the internet, the potential for BS is just pathetic. I do find it interesting that the stuff that really needs to be called out rarely is....

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Ordered online. And that is relevant how?

Just pointing out how much of a bull**** artist you are. You have time to post over 3000 times on a diesel forum but not enough to push 11 numbers on a phone. Your only intention was to smear Dennis but you don't have the nuts to say it.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Just pointing out how much of a bull**** artist you are. You have time to post over 3000 times on a diesel forum but not enough to push 8 numbers on a phone. You only intention was to smear Dennis but you don't have the nuts to say it.

Well you moron, I work in a prison. Can't have cell phones, since the inmates might try and grab them. I can dial local numbers, but not long distance on a state phone.

Should I take a day off of work to call?

Get off your high horse, or more likely, that big hill of manure you sit so pleasantly on.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Have a nice day!

And BOOM goes the dynamite

Guess emailing him was out of the question too since you don't have time to get on the Internet..... Oh wait

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Your on the internet now. How about an email? Or even a pm? (Tree'd by Steven!)

Let's help you out for future problems you may experience.

When you log on and go to strictly diesels section, click his name and go to send pm. Very easy, you don't need to make a phone call, and you can handle the matter privately with that person.

If pm's for some reason do not work for you, Dennis has been nice enough to provide an email, on the exact website you ordered online from!

[email protected]

Your argument of not having time to call is null here, the thread had its intentions from the get go.

I was sitting on my couch last night thinking how annoying it must be for legit diesel shop owners and dealing with the internet, the potential for BS is just pathetic. I do find it interesting that the stuff that really needs to be called out rarely is....

Notice that to? Because when things are handled properly, people like to help.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Well you moron, I work in a prison. Can't have cell phones, since the inmates might try and grab them. I can dial local numbers, but not long distance on a state phone.

Should I take a day off of work to call?

Get off your high horse, or more likely, that big hill of manure you sit so pleasantly on.

You step up and admit your true intention of this thread and I will step off the "manure".

eng53ine

Reaction score
I agree this could've been handled differently, but seeing that it was put in strictly diesels slot instead of AWOL I think it would've worked a little different if only the op and strictly diesel was in this thread. I don't see where the op bashed the reputation of whom ever, before it starts I do not know either of these guys and probably never will. As for this thread really hurting reputations there is only one vendor in this thread I've been steered away from and it's not strictly diesel.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
to me the charge of "deceptive marketing" means that the reason you chose his product over somebody else's is that it was made in the USA.

You should simply return the item for a full refund and buy somebody else's kit.

If you keep it and don't run the other US made kit, your charge is empty IMO

ToMang07

Reaction score
You step up and admit your true intention of this thread and I will step off the "manure".

My intention was threefold:
-Express my displeasure at being mislead.
-Clarify the difference between "Made in America" and "Assembled in America."
-Fix the problem. (Rather get SD to.) Not the kit itself, but the way it is portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.