Interesting Oil Temp finding...

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I had Lund grill inserts on my truck. Pretty sure it restricted some air flow.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Of topic but those gauges are bad ass!

Was thinking the same thing. Thanks for all the data "CSIPSD" and how many guages do you have man?

He has like 17 guages.

:jawdrop: Wow i need guages myself but i think i will just get 3, cant have to much info so i see no problem with 17 i guess.

Isspro Performax, Peak recall, warning lights, data logging...

A pillar top to bottom

Exhaust Back Pressure 0-60
Boost Pressure 0-60
Left EGT 0-2000
Right EGT 0-2000

Dash Top

Water Injection Pressure 0-180psi

Overhead Pod left to right

Tranny temp 100-280
Rear diif temp 100-280
Oil temp 100-280
Coolant temp 100-280

Dash Suround

Drive oil Pressure 0-400
Intake air temp 0-240
Volts 10v-16v
Fuel level for the bed tank

Underdash left to right

Fuel pressure 0-100
Oil Pressure 0-100
Air Pressure 0-180

And a Scan Gauge on the steering column...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Temps are down across the board...

1044505_178123125696097_716735453_n.jpg

1044934_178123149029428_1950615797_n.jpg

Never saw above 200* oil temp on the scan gauge... Doesnt mean it didnt get there, but I didnt notice it.

Next weekend I am taking my trailer home for a Archery shoot, will be going over the pass so it will get a good workout there.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Joe, pretty sure I saw you this evening getting off of I5. Either than or another S.D. with Oregon plates.
You staying at the park off Portal Way in Ferndale?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe, pretty sure I saw you this evening getting off of I5. Either than or another S.D. with Oregon plates.
You staying at the park off Portal Way in Ferndale?

I jumped off I-5 at Lakeway drive in Bellingham, otherwise I drove non-stop from Bend to here.

I think its Portal way, its the one just before the bridges in Ferndale. Didnt go to the trailer tonight however, just straight to work.:doh:

Southmike

Reaction score
joe how much use do you get out of Water Injection Pressure ..I assume more then the rear diff temp..or are they about the same?

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Hey Joe, you ever run an s366? I am wondering how much it would lower back pressure compared to a stock turbo (obviously no up pipe leaks, t4 flow) with stage ones. Also, wondering on a stage one inj. (pmr) setup what would you recommend the exhaust housing a/r be?
Building one step at a time, but definitely want to plan it out. IF this motor goes on stage 1s, I will be upgrading to a forged rod motor in the future and probably won't go higher than 160/x nozzles
Sorry about the hijack...

Last edited:

Southmike

Reaction score
if your tunes are new you should be good on stage ones.
Marty and powerstroke junkie have run a few s3xx turbos.
iirc that is what he has now in his tow truck.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
joe how much use do you get out of Water Injection Pressure ..I assume more then the rear diff temp..or are they about the same?

More or less it tells me if there is an issue with the water injection. I dont have the newer controlers, so I dont have all the bells and such.

Hey Joe, you ever run an s366? I am wondering how much it would lower back pressure compared to a stock turbo (obviously no up pipe leaks, t4 flow) with stage ones. Also, wondering on a stage one inj. (pmr) setup what would you recommend the exhaust housing a/r be?
Building one step at a time, but definitely want to plan it out. IF this motor goes on stage 1s, I will be upgrading to a forged rod motor in the future and probably won't go higher than 160/x nozzles
Sorry about the hijack...

I've driven a 366 with some mild stage 2's and a zf5. It was a fun truck to drive, but otherwise I dont have much experance with it.

It should run much lower drive pressures then the stock turbo, and run much cooler.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I jumped off I-5 at Lakeway drive in Bellingham, otherwise I drove non-stop from Bend to here.

I think its Portal way, its the one just before the bridges in Ferndale. Didnt go to the trailer tonight however, just straight to work.:doh:

Must have been am impostor.
Portal Way is just after the bridge, Main St is the one just before.

Keep your speeds down on I5 between Slater (exit 260) and Bakerview (exit 259). State patrol likes to setup a speed trap in there where it kicks from 70 down to 60. Had one going today as a matter of fact.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've seen them a few times. They leave me alone most of the time, but when they do pull me over they bitch about the no front plate...LOL

rascal

Reaction score
Temps are down across the board...

Never saw above 200* oil temp on the scan gauge... Doesnt mean it didnt get there, but I didnt notice it.

Next weekend I am taking my trailer home for a Archery shoot, will be going over the pass so it will get a good workout there.

Great info as always Joe. I think I will run my 203* through the rest of this year and next spring switch to the 180*.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

One question on your driver/passenger egt gauges; in your experience does the drivers side run hotter than the passenger side? How much difference is there between the two sides? Is that why everyone puts their single egt probe on the drivers side?

Thanks

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Great info as always Joe. I think I will run my 203* through the rest of this year and next spring switch to the 180*.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

One question on your driver/passenger egt gauges; in your experience does the drivers side run hotter than the passenger side? How much difference is there between the two sides? Is that why everyone puts their single egt probe on the drivers side?

Thanks

I will more then likely switch back to the 195* for winter... I'm not entirely sure the temps are not too low, but I want to give it some more time and this pull home this weekend.

Unless there is an issue, they are within 25* of each other all the time.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Going to change the oil this morning and change the coolant filter... Should be interesting to see if the oil stays cleaner longer.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
CSIPSD thanks for all the great info i think i might look into one of these for my truck being in louisiana it gets realy hot down here. Like your guages to man.

Lang

Reaction score
Now I'm really confused lol. Thought the 205' T-stat was the way to go? Or do you guys need cooler temps bc of the mods?

Latest posts

Members online