Restoring Stolen Truck

06-sixoh

Reaction score
It seems diminished value is capped at 10%. Seeing as how I put ten percent down, i MIGHT break even on a trade. Then I would have to put down another ten percent. What a mess.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Guess you just have to ask yourself what is YOUR acceptable loss vs. being stuck with the truck. Too bad they found it! I always say, if my vehicle is stolen I hope they never find it!

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Truck must have had a hard 700 miles put on it. I wouldn't want my truck returned to me if it was stolen. Best of luck with the insurance company dude.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I post this from experience.....

The everyday person looks at car/truck just a plain 'ole vehicle. We, as car/truck fanatics look like them as our pride and joy.

When I recovered my OBS, I was sickened just being in it, felt violated. I over came that feeling and knowing that the POS scumbags were caught and did three years.

As in your truck, find a good detail shop and have them clean it up.

Billy T.
[email protected]

greyford1979

Reaction score
Honestly, unless there is something physically broken, torn, or damaged in some other way in the interior, insurance companies don't pay to replace. All depends on your policy as well. Unfortunately most people don't actually know what their policies cover and how repairs will be performed on vehicles. We get people that complain to us at our body shop all the time when their cars are written for non oem parts. One thing you have going for you is that it is a new truck. Sucks that it happened and hopefully you can work things out smoothly with the insurance.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Truck must have had a hard 700 miles put on it. I wouldn't want my truck returned to me if it was stolen. Best of luck with the insurance company dude.

The thieving POS must've re-filled the truck a few times. Unless you have some magical tune or bigger tank, there is no way to get 700 miles from a short bed truck (26 gal tank).

Billy T.
[email protected]

Jomax

Reaction score
The thieving POS must've re-filled the truck a few times. Unless you have some magical tune or bigger tank, there is no way to get 700 miles from a short bed truck (26 gal tank).

Billy T.

[email protected]

I'm only able to put like 22gallons when my light comes on. Small tanks for sure...

Sucks this happened to the OP

I have a defence GPS locator for times like these. I hope to never have to use it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

Billy T.
[email protected]

Oh yeah definitely and loaded some materials on the backseat. Looks like they rubbed their boots or something all over the whole interior.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If they screw with you too much. In CA they have to give you replacement value, not KBB value so tell them to total it then. They will tell you KBB value but they are lying, its in the department of insurance. The smell, well thats entire interior which is not cheap. Tell them to replace it not clean it. They will bitch and complain but if you read your policy with state farm or department of insurance you have to approve the repairs.
Also you have to approve the way they are repairing the truck. I went through this years ago when a lady ran a red light and hit me in one of my cars.
State Farm will try and get out of it the cheapest like all the stealing insurance companies. Don't let them bully you. I have had State Farm for years and even then they try and get out the cheapest.
Who is your agent?
They don't really deal with it and claims does. But if your agent if pretty cool then they will give you advice. If they don't, time for a new agent.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Just another thing to consider, would be to make sure it could pass a drug dog test. When the repairs are complete, but before you sign off and ok them, I would talk to the local law enforcement and see if they would be willing to have a dog check the vehicle, if he can smell something, tell the insurance that it isn't good enough. I mean you have no idea what they had in your truck and would hate to see future problems, if you were pulled over later and a K-9 detected something.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about that as most roadside drug dog "indications" are pure BS anyhow. If an officer wants to search your vehicle, the dog is going to "hit" on it LOL

06-sixoh

Reaction score
tb... sent you a PM bud.

Its going to be a little bit of a long shot, but Im going to pull a new truck up next to mine, and tell them to make it like the new one. My truck IS brand new, so it shouldnt be too far fetched.

jcain

Reaction score
In fact though your truck wasn't and isn't brand new. I hope you have pictures of it from the day before it was stolen or you'll have a hell of a fight on your hands.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
New or not, that low of miles and trying to replace it to equal value is the point I was making. Pictures just get you past the first arguing point that all companies do and most just give up and stop and agree. You can catch them if you are patient and don't get frustrated.
If my 16 got stolen and this done I would request a new truck also, replacement to what it was prior to the theft. Hard to do with anything that is a 16 and low miles without getting a new truck.

bpan

Reaction score
Wash it, get the powertrain checked out and drive it. Its still a new truck. Whats 700 extra miles?

Mechcont

Reaction score
It is unfortunate and I'm sorry your truck got stolen that sucks but you are going to take a bath if you try to get rid of that thing now. Is another 10% worth 700 miles?

My advise is get it cleaned by a professional detailer get an extended warranty (if you don't have one) and drive it.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
The argument is an easy one when its not your truck stolen. I bought a brand new truck because I came from a 6.0, and didnt want the issues I had with my 06. I also didnt want the baggage of another owner/driver. This is my first brand new truck, and its a little disheartening that this has happened. The end result is going to be me keeping the truck; I already know. Me putting out what might be close to 10k in cash to flip this truck and get into an identical 6.7, is not really in the cards right now. If the oil business was a little more stable, and I knew I could make it back in few months, not so much of an issue. This wasnt some truck that Ive been able to take hunting or camping yet. I havent had the pleasure of getting it dirty or putting scratches in it yet. Somebody else did it. They shot up with needles, they smoked illegal drugs and disrespected my payout of hard work. I understand realistically, a "detail" will hide all the wrong done. Maybe a little buff here, paint here, new leather cover here; ya I get it.

Its like this. Your buddy has a 2 month old '250. He takes it out with a bunch of buddies. Drives to Vegas from Ca. Get drunk. Drives the piss out of it all the way home. Has the bright idea to shoot up and jump the truck, in between dancing on the leather seats and the hood. After all this, he high centers it off the side of a small cliff. He then tries to sell it to for full sticker price of a brand new truck off the lot, because after all, thats the payment you will be making. Would you buy it? Oh, it only has 700 miles on it.

Latest posts

Members online