T500 vs stock pump test

diehardstroker

Reaction score
no, i gave him a list of my mods and he asked about any future mods and i told him maybe a billet wheel or 38r, no injector talk. but it looks like the problem was with how i had the monitor reading the data from the sensor.

Tom S

Reaction score
alright, I looked at the log file and Lincolnlocker nailed it, I saw pressure spike up to 3400 psi on this WOT run and then she bounced between 3000-3100 psi. I think before what i saw displayed was the max value the app recorded. this makes more since, cause the tune is asking for around 3200 psi. seems like I found my answer lol

Creating a graph for the numbers makes a lot of difference in seeing what is going on.

lc tpi

Reaction score
i have a scan guage on my 95 7.3 . while out running some arrons i was watching the icp psi , i have 238/100's t500 and gearhead tunes with a 2000 sd computer, i watched my icp get to 3120 psi at full throttle but from 30 mph to 75 mph getting on the freeway. so its safe to say the tunes dont limmit my icp , right? my t500 was my stock pump with 245k on it before the build.

lc tpi

Reaction score
ok so maybe i missunderstood some of the talk in the earlier posts. i thought it said some tuners set max icp to 2400psi.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
So what the general consensus here is that the money you pay for a T500 gets you a rebuilt stock pump. I wish Joey would jump on here and give his input. Surely there is something else he does for it to be an "upgrade" pump.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So what the general consensus here is that the money you pay for a T500 gets you a rebuilt stock pump. I wish Joey would jump on here and give his input. Surely there is something else he does for it to be an "upgrade" pump.

My thoughts exactly. This has been hashed out over the years and i dont really know if joey ever stated exactly what he does but it always comes back to this.. a couple guys I know have said that they would run a t500 over a adrenaline any day.. so I dont exactly know whats been done to either of them.

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I know the Adrenaline is opened up and has a steeper swash plate. It actually does flow more. The T500 I can't actually see any proof of it being anything more than a healthy stock pump. That's why I want Joey to chime in so he can put any false claims to rest.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I know the Adrenaline is opened up and has a steeper swash plate. It actually does flow more. The T500 I can't actually see any proof of it being anything more than a healthy stock pump. That's why I want Joey to chime in so he can put any false claims to rest.

Yes. That would be nice if he did.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
I just briefly talked to Joey yesterday.... The T500 is more than a stock 17* pump, but what EXACTLY is done I cannot say. Data that I have recorded has shown it to out perform a modded 17* pump as well. I have not seen the internals first hand, nor do I care to see them. All I can base this response from is from what Joey said yesterday and what I have seen in data like a year ago..

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
I just briefly talked to Joey yesterday.... The T500 is more than a stock 17* pump, but what EXACTLY is done I cannot say. Data that I have recorded has shown it to out perform a modded 17* pump as well. I have not seen the internals first hand, nor do I care to see them. All I can base this response from is from what Joey said yesterday and what I have seen in data like a year ago..

Well can you answer this question then. Does it use the same swash plate angle?

m j

Reaction score
Thank you,
Joey@TE

FYI: mj, the T500 has never had a stock 17 degree swashplate. Obviously, by not changing swashplate angle and piston diameter, flow volume will not increase.

thats as close as I got to what it is.
to me a piston pump is not 'rebuilt' if the worn pistons are still in it.
most people do not look at anything but the price, for them the T500 is perfect.

Reaction score
Well can you answer this question then. Does it use the same swash plate angle?

No it does not use a 17* swash plate, as indicated in an earlier response.

I'll be testing another T500 soon on my own truck with 160/100s and it will get compared to a stock 17* pump.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If you want, hook up with me and I'll give you a set of data points that I would like recorded. Midwest Performance Diesel will also donate the temporary use of a new Adrenaline for testing as well.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you want, hook up with me and I'll give you a set of data points that I would like recorded. Midwest Performance Diesel will also donate the temporary use of a new Adrenaline for testing as well.

Hell, I just need a t500 and I could test it against the Adrenaline thats on my dually now and the jr badger thats sitting on my freezer in my garage. Hmmmm might just have to find a t500 for some testing this summer.

live life full throttle

Reaction score

Shoot me a PM with what you want logged. If AE will log it, I don't mind looking at it. I have plenty of time before I'm going to swap HPOPs. I'm running through my mods pretty quick on the new truck, but I still have a few of the pricey parts to buy. The HPOP will be the last mod to be done basically. Next up on the list is fuel system, then T4 mount/turbo, and I'll probably install injectors at the same time as the turbo. That's all that I need before I can do the HPOP. I still haven't gotten ahold of a good 17* pump to send Joey either. May go ahead and use a new pump to start with.

Reaction score
Hell, I just need a t500 and I could test it against the Adrenaline thats on my dually now and the jr badger thats sitting on my freezer in my garage. Hmmmm might just have to find a t500 for some testing this summer.

live life full throttle

What about a Srp to ?

Latest posts

Members online