Biggest Injector On PMR's

TARM

Reaction score
Man thats horrible. I could actually see smoke. You need to fix that. It almost looked like a diesel was powering that truck LOL

Come on guys take a few mins and record a video. If anyone is having issues uploading to the site I and I am sure others can help with it. You can even use your the video feature on your phone if you have it.

Once I get the new HPOP thats making its way to me I will post up what I have. Right now it would not impress LOL

But I did find a way to make a GTX4294 to sound like a 38R and smoke like a GT45 LOL

Have the threaded plug in the compressor housing backout and fall out completely. Its amazing the whistle that comes from a 3/8 diameter hole and just how much it drops boost psi and makes things smoke like train. LOL

Think I will be moving my boost gauge port to there.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yip, I did not give the turbo's a chance to come on before laying into it......:)

TARM

Reaction score
If once I get this HPOP squared away the smoke from your few videos is what I have I will be very happy. You have been doing all your tuning for how long now Dave?

TARM

Reaction score
Nice. All you had was just the smoke off the line and everything else looked clean.

juniort444e

Reaction score
/\ /\ /\ What he said.

I forgot to video today. Ran it hard all day too. Mine dont smoke as much as Dave's did but if i lay into it more than half throttle without the turbo ready it could be worse than his.

I will try to get vid tomorrow. Tarm did you ever post any vid's in your thread. I cant remember.

TARM

Reaction score
/\ /\ /\ What he said.

I forgot to video today. Ran it hard all day too. Mine dont smoke as much as Dave's did but if i lay into it more than half throttle without the turbo ready it could be worse than his.

I will try to get vid tomorrow. Tarm did you ever post any vid's in your thread. I cant remember.

No I didn't waiting on this new HPOP to show up and then all the issues shoudl be addressed. That is right up till I blow up my perfectly tight and strong stock tranny LOL That will be the next thing LOL

CurtisF

Reaction score
Ok, I don't have video yet, but Sam did upload pics of me making a pass at Bandimere last week during Truck Fest. Should give some idea of the smoke I make, at least when I have it hammered down.

Right when I launched:

DSC_0658.jpg

Just after launch:

DSC_0659.jpg

In this one, you can see how quickly the smoke clears:

DSC_0660.jpg

Pretty clean out the tailpipe, the truck I was racing had smaller injectors, and his exhaust dumped under the truck. You can see the smoke coming out the back of his truck:

DSC_0665.jpg

And last shot of me crossing the finish:

DSC_0667.jpg

David N

Reaction score
Wow. I have to have a boost leak. You guys' trucks are super clean as compared to mine. Mine will literally black the highway out. And Im only making 30 pounds of boost...

Charles

Reaction score
I don't have any video of the 200's, but here's my 400/400's flat to the floor at a dyno verified 628rwhp uncorrected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eET7VsH6cOQ

I didn't roll on or anything like that. Just flat-footed it at idle. Pretty much worst-case scenario possible.

Still not that bad IMO. And I wasn't in any way trying to control smoke with that program.

TARM

Reaction score
SO that was an all out program with no smoke control. Thats not bad with big 400%

So what level of smoke do we call that when he starts and then again as he passes the camera? Haze, Light, Medium, Heavy, or Blacked out the Sun

Latest posts

Members online